Amazon Children's Ward and Jungle Assessment Unit are located on the Peterborough City Hospital site for the NWAFT Trust and is a busy and dynamic Paediatric Acute inpatient Ward and New purpose built Paediatric Assessment Unit.
We are passionate about the care and quality that children receive within our unit and have state-of-the-art facilities equipped with the latest equipment that ensures that children receive the very highest standards of healthcare. This gives their families the reassurance that the very best is being done for the people who mean the most to them. Our medical and surgical teams are also pleased to be able to access the technology that they need to deliver this level of care. *** Please note we are only able to accept applications from those with a live NMC registration or UK nursing students awaiting their PIN as we are unable to support OSCE at this time***Main duties of the job
We are a 30 bedded ward comprising of 12 en-suite cubicles, a 2 bedded fully equipped HDU area and 4 four bedded bays. Inclusive to this is an eight bedded Day surgery/Day care unit. We are a general paediatric unit receiving children from 0 - 18 years dependent on condition. We have a busy day surgery area within the unit and take up to 12 surgical patients per day.
Our New Jungle paediatric Assessment has opened in June 2021, it is a 11 bedded Paediatric assessment unit adjacent to the Amazon Children's where GP's and other health professionals can refer into for admissions and / or assessment, as well as taking patients on their journey from the Emergency Department.
On top of all the great things that we have to offer, we also pride ourselves on development opportunities for the team in their own career development, skills and knowledge. *** We also offer a welcome payment of �1000 to new joiners ***About us
We are committed to ensure a work-life balance to all our staff by offering full time and part time roles, flexible working hours on a shift pattern to fit around your family life.
We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We particularly encourage applications from disabled, Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) and candidates form our local communities.
Benefits to you
Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- 27 days annual leave for new starters, rising to 29 days after five years of service and 33 days after 10 years of service, plus 8 Bank Holidays (pro-rata for part time staff)
- NHS Pension Scheme:
- Flexible working opportunities
- Increased hourly rates for unsociable hours e.g. night shifts, weekends, bank holidays
- Career development and training
- Wellbeing support and activities
- In-house physiotherapy Service
- On-site canteens with subsidised meals
- Subsidised staff parking (currently free).
- Free Stagecoach Bus Travel to and from work within Cambridgeshire and Peterborough
- To assess, implement and evaluate programmes of physical, social and emotional care for children and adolescents in line with current evidence, Unit policies and guidelines and NMC Code of Practice
- To develop an environment which supports the value of nursing care.
- To act as an advocate for the children receiving care.
- To liaise and communicate with other members of the nursing and multidisciplinary team in the planning and delivery of care.
- To be involved in the development of evidence-based practice in theChildrens service and to encourage reflective practice providing a supportive framework to ensure that this takes place.
- To initiate and support innovative change within the Nursing Service in line with current clinical and academic evidence, national standards and relevant reports.
- To be aware and have an understanding of the guidelines relating to Child Protection issues.
Please see Job Description for further informationPerson SpecificationEducation & QualificationEssential
- First level Registration
- Mentorship module or equivalent or Evidence of leadership qualities.
- Experience within speciality / acute care area
- Paediatric Nursing Qualification
- Expert clinical role model who is committed to improvement of standards and patient care
- Post registration qualification or course evidence in High Dependency Care level 1 and or 2 relevant to clinical speciality
- Evidence of leadership qualities
- Leadership Course
- EPLS / APLS
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Management qualification
- Post registration qualification relevant to clinical speciality
- Completed or undertaking a first level degree in Nursing/ Health Studies
- Uses evidence base practice to support patient care delivery
- Understanding of Healthcare Governance and its application
- Experience of managing teams
- Evidence of being a Reflective Practitioner
- Demonstration of autonomous practice
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload
- Experience of caring for children and young people within a Paediatric High Dependency or PICU environment
- Previous management experience
- Experience in Children's nursing sufficient to demonstrate strong clinical skills and effective leadership qualities
- Ability to manage and lead a small team of staff
- Awareness of NHS and Children's priorities
- Ability to be adaptive and work under own initiative. Ability to negotiate effectively.
- Ability to resolve conflict and motivate a team
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Excellent interpersonal/ liaison skills
- Evidence of continuing professional development
- Highly motivated
- Innovative approach to professional issues
- Change management skills
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude
- Flexibility in approach
- Able to be self-disciplined in a demanding environment
- Body language and demeanour demonstrate high standards of professionalism
- Evidence of networking across professional boundaries
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Awareness and respect for colleagues, patients and relatives cultural, religious and emotional needs and beliefs
- Able to demonstrate behaviours consistent with the Trusts Values and Behaviours
- Professional appearance & behaviour
- Good previous attendance record
North West Anglia NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Peterborough City Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.