This is a fixed term/ secondment vacancy until 01/10/2024. If you are a Hywel Dda University Health Board employee and are applying for this post as a secondment, agreement for the secondment is needed from your current manager prior to application.
We have a new and exciting developmental job opportunity for you as a Band 6 Triage Nurse for the Trial Without Catheter (TWOC) Clinic across the three counties, base to be agreed.
You will work as part of the Bladder, Bowel & Pelvic Health Team, working collaboratively with wider members of the MDT to support patients and triage for suitability for TWOC.
As part of an integrated care organisation, you will have the opportunity to work across a full range of patient pathways within Hywel Dda University Health Board.Main duties of the job
The successful applicant will
- Practice autonomously demonstrating problem solving and clinical decision making skills while demonstrating accountability and responsibility
- Assess, manage, deliver and co-ordinate the plan of care for patients utilising the effective and efficient use of resources.
- Undertake investigations driven by protocol and within your competence.
- Interpret results and act accordingly.
- Apply advanced skills, knowledge and behaviours relevant to specific area of practice.
- Provide specialist clinical knowledge to clinical colleagues, patients and carers/relatives.
- Assess, diagnose, plan, implement and direct care / interventions and evaluate effectiveness.
- Delegate the delivery of care where appropriate in line with NHS Wales' delegation framework and the NMC Code of Practice (2018).
- Undertake clinical sessions in a variety of clinical areas across HDUHB.Following the necessary training and competencies, the post holder will be required to perform highly specialised physical and clinical skills where accuracy is of paramount importance in accordance with departmental policies.
The ability to speak Welsh is desirable for this post English and/or Welsh speakers are equally welcome to apply.
Interviews to be held on 03/10/2023.About us
Hywel Dda University Health Board is the planner and provider of NHS healthcare services for people in Carmarthenshire, Ceredigion, Pembrokeshire and its bordering counties. Our 11,000 members of staff provide primary, community, in-hospital, mental health and learning disabilities services for around 384,000 people across a quarter of the landmass of Wales. We do this in partnership with our three local authorities and public, private and third sector colleagues, including our volunteers, through:
Four main hospitals: Bronglais General in Aberystwyth, Glangwili General in Carmarthen, Prince Philip in Llanelli and Withybush General in Haverfordwest
Seven community hospitals: Amman Valley and Llandovery in Carmarthenshire Tregaron, Aberaeron and Cardigan in Ceredigion and Tenby and South Pembrokeshire Hospital Health and Social Care Resource Centre in Pembrokeshire
48 general practices (five of which are managed practices), 47 dental practices (including three orthodontic), 99 community pharmacies, 44 general ophthalmic practices (43 providing Eye Health Examination Wales and 34 low vision services) and 17 domiciliary only providers and 11 health centres
Numerous locations providing mental health and learning disabilities services
Highly specialised and tertiary services commissioned by the Welsh Health Specialised Services Committee, a joint committee representing seven health boards across Wales.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
You will be able to find a full job description and person specification attached within the supporting documents.
The Health Board is committed to supporting its staff to fully embrace the need for bilingualism thereby enhancing patient and service user experiences. In our commitment to increase the number of staff who are able to communicate in Welsh with patients and professionals, we welcome applications from Welsh speakers.
The ability to communicate in Welsh is desirable for this post. If you do not meet the Welsh Language requirements specified, the Health Board offers a variety of learning options and staff support to help you meet these minimal desirable requirements during the course of your employment with us.
Get instant access to our financial wellbeing benefit Wagestream. Wagestream is a tool for everyday life that lets you get paid your way by letting you track your wages in real-time, stream up to 50% of the money youve already earned, learn easy tips to manage your money better and save your wages straight from your salary.
https://fb.watch/hzQjE8HzTN/Person SpecificationQualifications and KnowledgeEssential
- Registered Nurse (Part 1)
- Current NMC Registration
- Bachelors Degree
- Specialist post graduate qualification or equivalent experience
- Proficient level of knowledge in clinical speciality
- Knowledge of service improvement
- Able to undertake a literature search and critically appraise research papers
- Teaching qualification (or equivalent experience)
- Advanced clinical skills
- Non-medical Prescribing (v3000)
- Relevant experience at Band 5
- Experience in the relevant speciality
- Experience of working in a multi-professional environment
- Experience of working with pre-registration nursing/ midwifery students in a mentorship role
- Experience of undertaking audit
Language SkillsDesirable Employer detailsEmployer name
- Band 5 experience
- Experience of participating in research
- Experience of participating in practice change
Hywel Dda University Health BoardAddress
To be confirmed
To be confirmed
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.