Specialist Community Practitioner Student (District Nursing)
Secondment / Sponsorship
Posts subject to central funding as a trainee
Fixed term contract for 1 year commencing January 2024Main duties of the job
Lewisham & Greenwich NHS Trust are looking to sponsor highly motivated qualified nurses with minimum 2 year clinical nursing experience who are interested in undertaking the Post Graduate Diploma (PGDip) Specialist Community Practitioner (District Nursing) qualification in January 2024.About us
We are committed to delivering best quality care to our patients closer to home which was reflected by a rating of 'Good' from the Care Quality Commission.
The successful candidate must demonstrate up to date clinical skills, leadership qualities and evidence based practice as well as share the Trust commitments and values.
In return this course will provide the opportunity to enhance clinical practice and further develop knowledge with regard to research and evidence based healthcare in community nursing. It will help develop leadership and management skills to enable the safe and effective delivery of efficient district nursing services.
This course is jointly undertaken with University of Greenwich
Applicants to the PG Diploma pathway are required to have 120 credits at level 6 which is equivalent to Degree in nursing/ healthcare.
Applicants to the Post Graduate Diploma need to have a relevant honours degree at 2:2 classification or above.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
This course is undertaken with University of Greenwich.
Applicants to the BSc degree pathway are required to have 120 credits at level 5 which is equivalent to a diploma in nursing.
Applicants to the Post Graduate Diploma need to have a relevant honours degree at 2:1 classification or above.Person SpecificationQualifications and TrainingEssential
- Registered on part 1 of the NMC register
- DipHE (or above) qualification to 120 credits at level 5 or evidence of previous education and learning to this level.
- Evidence of continual professional development over the last 2 years
- Recognised teaching and mentoring qualification
- Minimum two years' post qualifying experience
- Experience of working within multi-disciplinary teams
- Evidence of involvement in the management of difficult situations and conflict resolution
- Evidence of working without direct supervision and managing own workload
- Experience of the audit process and clinical governance
- Evidence of researched based practice
Knowledge & SkillsEssential
- Experience of working as a registered nurse in a community setting
- Experience of managing staff within a team
Employer detailsEmployer name
- An understanding of the role of Specialist Practitioner (District Nursing)
- Evidence of current clinical competencies
- Knowledge of long term conditions management
- Knowledge of safeguarding vulnerable adults
- Knowledge of the NMC Code of Professional Conduct, standards of conduct and ethics and its application to nursing practice
- Academic ability to study independently at degree or postgraduate level
Lewisham and Greenwich NHS TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.