Do you want to make a positive impact on the health of people?
Do you want to support NHS staff in the vital work that they do?
Do you want to move into a management role?
Join the library team at Blackpool Teaching Hospitals as our Trainee Clinical Librarian This post, offered on a 12 month fixed term contract, but with the expectation of a second year being available, help to run a busy and a forward thinking NHS library service.
The right candidate will be given the freedom to lead a team and manage the day-to-day running of the library service.
This role is for 37.5 hours a week but for the right candidate we would consider someone wishing to work 30 hours per week.
This Vacancy will entail Remote Working, Flexible working or Hybrid working depending on the candidate
Please apply as soon as possible - This vacancy could close when we receive enough applications and this may be earlier than the advertised dateMain duties of the job
You will have exceptional communication skills and be able to motivate and influence people at all levels, including board members. Knowledge of health related information resources, information skills and previous experience in an NHS library environment would be an advantage.
If you are hardworking, quick to learn, enjoy the advantages technology gives, and want to make a difference, we would welcome your application.About us
Blackpool Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust is ideally situated on the Fylde Coast just a 45 minute drive from Manchester. The Trust provides services to the 330,000 residents of Blackpool, Fylde & Wyre, specialist tertiary services in Haematology, Cystic fibrosis, Cardiology and Cardiothoracic Surgery for the population of Lancashire and the National Artificial Eye Service. We employ more than 7,000 staff, have approximately 900 beds and have a turnover in excess of �450m.
As one of the United Kingdom's largest coastal resorts, Blackpool has plenty to offer its residents - it's not just a good place to work it's a great place to live
. In addition to its bustling centre and historic seafront, the town is world famous for its many attractions, including the famous Blackpool Tower. Blackpool also offers a number of scenic cycling routes round our local parks and across the surrounding countryside, as well as boasting panoramic views of the coast.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
The post-holder will learn to development and deliver a comprehensive program of information retrieval, Literature searching, and critical appraisal skills training, exploring a range of methods including MSteams, face-to-face workshops, e-learning and mobile technologies.
The Trainee Clinical Librarian will support the electronic resource Librarian who manages the day to day of the Library Assistants.
They will highlight, promote and identify alternative innovation and technological updates of patient care to various services in line with Knowledge for healthcare and the Topol review.
Learning and Developing how to Provide a proactive specialist Clinical Library Service at the point of need and they will provide service cover when needed.Person SpecificationEducationEssential
- Degree or postgraduate qualification in Librarianship or Information Science
- IT qualification or identifiable skills
- Willing to train to be a Professional Library Qualification i.e. MCLIP or Certificate
- Experience with various databases and information system
- A minimum of three years previous experience of working in a Library or Research
- Must have experience or knowledge of Literature searching
- Willing to learn how to offer advanced and complex literature searching
- Willing to learn how to use IT applications, library management systems and current databases and networks
- Experience of developing and implementing a teaching/training programme, and service development
- Experience of dealing with enquiries from users at a different variety of levels
- Knowledge of e-learning and the electronic delivery of information
- Willing to learn and Use a Library Management System and run reports
- Knowledge of the concepts of evidence based practice, literature searching and research
- Knowledge on delivering learning and development opportunities
SKILLS AND ABILITYEssential Desirable Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience of working in a health environment or NHS
- Knowledge of health information resources
- Experience of managing a person or a team
Blackpool Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Blackpool Teaching Hospitals NHSFT
Whinney Heys Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.