Do you have a passion for Hospital Pharmacy?
Do you thrive on clinical variety ?
Why not join the Pharmacy team at Blackpool Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, a forward thinking team?
Are you just completing your diploma and looking for a new challenge and looking for somewhere with training opportunities to establish your career?
The Pharmacy department is looking to enhance the delivery of clinical pharmacy services within the Trust and further establish our ward based services with the appointment of clinical pharmacists at band 7 level depending on experience.We are looking to recruithighly motivated, adaptable clinical pharmacists who have a 'can do' attitude to improvement and development.Main duties of the job
Our automated, technician led dispensary allows pharmacists to concentrate on clinical activities through the provision of a patient centred pharmacy service.The individuals will possess well-developed communication skills and will have the initiative and confidence to set and achieve their own agreed objectives. Successful candidates will be team players with good interpersonal and organisational skills.This training post will offer a structured rotational programme across the key areas of hospital pharmacy. We have a team based approach to patient care so the individual will be supported by more senior or experienced staff. There will be a competency based approach to training with developmental opportunities within each rotation. The individual will have the opportunity to start a clinical diploma or appropriate further education if required.About usWorking for the Organisation
Blackpool Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust is ideally situated just a forty five minute drive from Manchester. The Trust provides services to the 440,000 residents of Blackpool, Fylde & Wyre and North Lancashire, as well as specialist tertiary care for Cardiac and Haematology patients.
As one of the United Kingdom's largest coastal resort, Blackpool has plenty to offer its residents - it's not just a good place to work it's a great place to live
. In addition to its bustling centre and historic seafront, the town is world famous for its many attractions, including the famous Blackpool Tower. Blackpool also offers a number of scenic cycling routes round our local parks and across the surrounding countryside, as well as boasting panoramic views of the coast on its picturesque Promenade. Further afield, Blackpool also benefits from less than three-hour connections via rail to Edinburgh in the north and London in the south.
We recommend that all individuals employed in patient facing roles, or those located on a ward or department where patients receive a service should be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please ensure that you have read the attached Job Description and Person Specification before submitting your application.Person SpecificationExperienceEssential
- Minimum of 2 years post registration experience within hospital Pharmacy
- Experience in clinical Pharmacy with knowledge of the therapeutics of common disease state
- Previous experience of teamworking
- Experience in the development of policies, guidelines and procedures
- Teaching /training experience
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Good organisation and time management skills
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Problem solving skills. Pro-active and innovative.
- Computer literate
- Knowledge of audit methodology
- Good presentation skills
- Influencing skills.
Qualifications and attainmentsEssential
- Demonstrable commitment to professional development
- Willingness to contribute to the general working of the department
- Vocational Masters degree in Pharmacy
- Registered with the GPhC
- Postgraduate qualification in Clinical Pharmacy
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Member of the Royal Pharmaceutical Society of Great Britain.
- Prescribing qualification
Blackpool Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Blackpool Teaching Hospitals
Whinney Heys Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.