Following new investment, we have been able to create two new full time substantive consultant child and adolescent psychiatry posts within Bexley CAMHS. The service is moving towards the i-thrive model. This new post advertised will be in the Bexley Adolescent Team.
This is an exciting time to join Bexley CAMHS in a period of transformation and opportunity. We are seeking an enthusiastic and dynamic psychiatrist who will be able to grasp this exciting opportunity to help shape the service going forward. The post holder will work alongside other Consultants and a higher trainee in the team.
The Adolescent team incorporates the following:
Main duties of the jobMain duties of the job
- a needs led approach with episodic care with an emphasis on early intervention
- a true multidisciplinary team including psychologists, psychotherapists, family therapists, occupational therapists, art therapist, social workers, and nurses
To work with all the disciplines in the team to provide assessment, consultation, advice and support, including clinical supervision.
The post holder will work with internal and external agencies within the child's network to ensure the best possible clinical outcomes for young people.
The consultant psychiatrist will provide psychiatric assessments and interventions. The post holder is expected to provide approximately 9 to 12 reviews, including one assessment per week - this will vary depending on the complexity of cases. For Adolescent, the caseload will be approximately 30 with a mix of cases but it will include more young people presenting in crisis and requiring intensive support.
The post holder will be expected to participate in the OOH rota which is approx 1:15 and based at home as well as the week day daily duty rota covering A& E however this is second on call with the tri-borough Crisis team having their own psychiatry cover.About us
At Oxleas NHS Foundation Trust, we offer a wide range of NHS healthcare services to people living in South-East London and to people in prison across England. Our wide array of services includes community health care, such as district nursing and speech and language therapy, care for people with learning disabilities and mental health such as psychiatry, nursing and therapies.
Oxleas is a great place to work. It has been recognised as one of the Top 10 Best Places to Work 2023 by the Sunday Times amongst very big employers. Our staff survey results show that we are in the Top 5 in England and the highest in London for staff experience amongst similar trusts.
We are always delighted to welcome new colleagues to the Oxleas family. We care about making Oxleas a great place to work - it's a big priority in our strategy. Come and join us - it's a place where our values, teamwork, equity, and wellbeing matter and where you can really help to improve people's lives.
Chief ExecutiveJob descriptionJob responsibilities
For full job description and person specification please view the attachment. The job description will provide you with the full tasks and responsibilities of the roles. The person specification will provide you with the qualifications, skills, experience and knowledge required for the roles.
Other possibilities in the roles include:
- Scope for leading service change including QI projects
- teaching and education opportunities with regular medical student placements from Kings and trainee psychiatrists from the Maudsley training scheme
- Research opportunities available locally with close working with Kings and SLaM
- Opportunities to clinically lead on Tri-borough/Trust wide initiatives such as:
- Digital improvement
- Youth Participation
- 18-25 implementation
- Potential to get involved in setting up or participating in group based interventions e.g. for ASD, emotional dysregulation etc.
Building A Fairer Oxleas (BAFO)
Person Specificationexperience and qualificationEssential
- BAFO is a programme of work involving frontline staff, senior managers and Board members in making positive changes to how it feels to work at Oxleas.
- We are focusing on making recruitment and career progression fairer and improving cultural understanding.
- We are committed to making changes that have a positive impact for all staff, but in particular BAME staff, disabled staff and LGBTQ+ staff.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Appropriate training/experience gained in CAMHS to undertake role - CCT or eligible for entry on Specialist Register
Oxleas NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.