We are looking to recruit a full-time (10 PA) consultant psychiatrist in older adult mental health. This is an exciting opportunity to work within the Christchurch Community Mental Health Team
This post attracts aRecruitment and Retention payment of �10,000
to be paid in monthly instalments for the first year of employment. If you are interested in moving to our beautiful county we can provide a generous relocation package of up to �10,000. In addition, we offer a commitment to flexible working, career development opportunities and our excellent NHS benefits.Main duties of the job
We are looking to recruit a full-time consultant psychiatrist in older adult mental health. This is an exciting opportunity to work within the Christchurch Community Mental Health Team and take part in the multidisciplinary management of community referrals for those with both functional and organic illness. The vision going forward is to ensure that Dorset residents have timely access to expert services when required for their cognitive and other mental health problems with easy access to services required and good liaison between the service providers.
There is a strong leadership structure across the organisation with the opportunity for regular input into leadership meetings and developments. The catchment area is within a picturesque area of the county and there is good opportunity for peer support and robust cross cover.
The post holder will be expected to maintain Section 12 (2) and be an Approved Clinician.About us
At Dorset HealthCare we're on a mission to empower people to make the most of their lives through our outstanding, joined-up healthcare services. We're a dynamic, forward-looking Trust, running 12 community hospitals, specialist inpatient facilities and a wide range of integrated community and mental health services for a population of almost 800,000 people.
We do things differently here - it's one of the reasons the CQC rated us 'outstanding' in 2019. It's also why 95% of patients across our services say they have a good or very good experience of our services and 89% of staff feel they can really make a difference. Whether you're looking to work with us in one of our bustling market towns, vibrant urban locations, thriving seaside spots, or among the rolling hills of Dorset, there are lots of ways you can make a difference in our communities.
Our 7,000-strong workforce is at the heart of what we do, and our success is a testament to our brilliant people. We're all about building a workplace for the future, we believe in equal opportunities, and we celebrate diversity. We're an inclusive workplace, where everyone is welcome, everyone can be authentic, and we are all encouraged to be the best version of ourselves.
Working with us you'll be part of a strong team, challenge yourself, build a career, and teach us what we don't know. And you'll be working towards our vision to be better every day through excellence, compassion and expertise in all we doJob descriptionJob responsibilities
For the main duties and responsibilities for this role please read the attached job description and person specification. When completing your application please ensure your supporting statement reflects the criteria set out in these documents by showing how your experience and skills apply to this post.Person SpecificationQualifications/TrainingEssential
- General medical Qualification e.g. MBBS, or equivalent and hold a Licence to Practise
- MRCPsych or recognised equivalent, e.g. membership of a psychiatry college in another country.
- Qualification or higher degree in medical education, clinical research, or management.
- Additional clinical qualification
- Must be in possession or within 6 months of possession of a CCT in Older Adult Psychiatry or on Specialist Register in Psychiatry.
- On Specialist Register in Older Adult Psychiatry
- Section 12(2) approval and Approved Clinician approval or ability to obtain approval before starting post
Clinical Skills, Knowledge & ExperienceEssential
- Experience of medicine outside psychiatry e.g. general practice, medicine.
- Excellent knowledge in specialty
- Evidence of effective multidisciplinary team involvement.
- Excellent clinical skills using bio-psychosocial perspective and wider medical knowledge.
- Able to meet duties under MHA and MCA
- Make decisions based on evidence and experience including contribution of others
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Dorset HealthCare ValuesEssential
- Teaching Experience
- Wide range of specialist and sub-specialist experience relevant to post within the NHS or comparable service.
- Proactive, respectful, supportive, reliable and trustworthy, and positive
- Understand the importance of working with managers in the interest of goo patient care
- Able to manage priorities
- Evidence of management/Leadership skills training
- Previous management experience including that of other junior medical staff
- Understand principles of leadership and give examples of leadership in own practice.
- Able to provide clinical leadership to a multi-disciplinary team.
- An understanding of the importance of Clinical Governance in the NHS organisations and importance in patient care.
- Awareness of current issues in mental health service provision, policy and legislation
Supervision of Junior medical StaffEssential
- To have an understanding of own strengths and weaknesses and how these attributes affect professional functioning
- To have an understanding of the stresses involved in being a consultant psychiatrist and how to manage these appropriately
Research and AuditEssential
- Knowledge of requirements for supervision and appraisal of junior medical staff.
- Approved educational supervisor training
- Experience of carrying out an audit project
- Experience or involvement in a research project and publication
- Ability to supervisor junior medical staff undertaking research projects
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Published audit project
- Ability to critically appraise published research
Dorset HealthCare University NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.