We are seeking a Consultant Psychiatrist to join the CAMHS Intensive Outreach Team.
The consultant (post holder) will be expected to assess and review those young people with the most complex presentations and highest risks who present to the acute hospitals or open to the intensive outreach service and to work alongside the MDT and community CAMHS.Main duties of the job
The Consultant will deliver direct interventions to service users at a level of intensity according to need including those service users who require an assertive approach who are difficult to engage.
This will include on-going assessment, diagnoses (including review and clarification) and treatment
- To provide advice to members of the Multi-Disciplinary Teams in CIOT.
- Regular attendance at the CIOT MDT meetings and board rounds.
- Assessment and treatment of outpatients in clinics.
- To visit patients in their own place of residence if clinically indicated.
- To liaise with other parts of the service and GPs and non NHS organisations wherever applicable.
- To liaise with the community CAMHS and Inpatient services as appropriate to facilitate the smooth handover of clients between services.
- To actively participate in team and personal caseload management and supervision.
We are AWP (Avon and Wiltshire Mental Health Partnership NHS Trust) a diverse organisation with over 5,000 dedicated staff providing inpatient and community-based mental health care. We provide services from a range of locations to approximately 1.8 million people living in Bath and North East Somerset (B& NES), Bristol, North Somerset, South Gloucestershire, Swindon, across the county of Wiltshire and in parts of Dorset. Our outstanding people promote mental health and wellbeing. The expertise and resources within AWP are dedicated to a person-centred approach for those who use our services and for all employees. We recognise that happy and fulfilled employees give better care.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please refer to the accompanying job description for full details on the roles and responsibilities of this post.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Full GMC Registration or eligibility to be included on the register and holding a current licence to practise at the time of appointment.
- Eligible for inclusion in the Specialist Register or within 6 months of gaining CCT in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry.
- Section 12 approval/ Approved Clinician Status OR able to achieve within 3 months of appointment
- MB BS or equivalent medical qualification.
- Relevant Higher Degree e.g. MD, PHD, Msc or other additional clinical qualifications
- MRCPsych or MRCPsych equivalent approved by the Royal College of Psychiatrists
- Additional clinical qualifications
- Wide breadth of clinical experience working with children and young people with mental health problems and their families
- Knowledge and evidence of participation in CPD.
- Evidence of effective multidisciplinary team involvement.
- Evidence of effective multi-agency working
- Specific additional therapy training (e.g. Positive Behavioural Support, CBT, systemic therapy, DBT etc.)
- To possess leadership skills and be able to work collaboratively in a multidisciplinary team.
- Ability to manage own time, workload and prioritise clinical work
- Able to demonstrate excellent communication skills, in order to effectively work with patients, carers and staff.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Skills in psychiatric assessment, formulation and risk management (including safeguarding) as well as psychopharmacology in children, neurodevelopmental disorders and attachment difficulties.
- Understanding of the management skills required to function successfully as a Consultant.
Research & AuditEssential
- Commitment to and experience of undergraduate and postgraduate learning and teaching.
- Understand principles of teaching.
- Experience or involvement in a research project and publication.
- Ability to supervise junior medical staff undertaking research projects.
- Experience of carrying out an audit project
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Evidence of management/leadership skills training.
Avon & Wiltshire Mental Health Partnership NHS TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.