Surrey and Borders Partnership NHS Foundation Trust is a General Medical Council (GMC) Sponsor Employer. This opportunity is open to UK based and International Consultants
This appointment is for 2 Child and Adolescent Psychiatrists to cover East and West Surrey. The duties of the doctor will be predominantly devoted to the care and treatment of children and young people (CYP under 18 years old). The Crisis Intervention Service offers assessment, short term intervention and treatment across our 5 acute hospitals within Surrey and following their discharge into the community. You will be working closely within an MDT, enabling young people to be safely discharged with an appropriate safety plan or for consideration of hospital admission should a young person's needs and risks indicate this.
You should have certificate of completion of training or equivalent in CAMHS as well as having Approved Clinician status or working towards achieving it.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and energetic Consultants to work in our friendly, nurse led team. You will be working with another Consultant psychiatrist cross covering each other.
Mentorship and support will also be offered from medical lead and Clinical Director.
IT provision is in the form of a lap-top with remote access and a smartphone. Home visits and assessments on acute hospitals are regular and expected.Main duties of the job
This is somewhat a unique role, as having elements of interface with social care, paediatric acute colleagues and our Hope Service counter parts with support from the CIS team. We are committed to staff development and training opportunities. Our Offer:
- NHS Consultant grade �88,364 -�119,133 per annum + �149 fringe + on- call requirement
- GMC Sponsorship
- �15,000 recruitment premia over 3 years
- Relocation allowance: up to �8000 subject to policy requirement
- Sponsorship for International candidates up to �3,199
- Up to �2000/year CPD allowance subject to policy requirements
- NHS pension employers contribution 20.68% from day one
- Subsidised nursery places
- Car scheme tax savings up to �6000
- Discounted Nuffield Gym Membership and many more. Please check our benefits brochure for other benefits.
Surrey and Borders Partnership NHS Foundation Trust is the leading provider of health and social care services for people of all ages with mental ill-health and learning disabilities in Surrey and North East Hampshire. We also provide social care services for people with a learning disability in Croydon and ASD and ADHD assessment services in Hampshire.
We actively seek to engage people who use our services and our communities in improving the mental wellbeing of the local population. We work closely with other NHS and voluntary sector organisations who provide services and support people who use services and carers.
Surrey is a beautiful county lying just 30 minutes away from Central London and from the South Coast.
Our historic market towns and bustling districts are enveloped in wonderful countryside, and our excellent road and rail networks bring the rest of the country within easy reach.
For international travel, both Gatwick and Heathrow airports are nearby. Please note that we reserve the right to close posts as soon as sufficient applications are received. Working from home contracts do not attract high cost area payments.
We look forward to receiving your application!Job descriptionJob responsibilities
To provide a diagnostic, assessment and treatment service for children and adolescents with mental health problems
To adopt a multi-disciplinary approach to care, promoting high-quality multidisciplinary working and relationships
To provide psychiatric support and consultation to other team members.
To provide consultation and liaison with other services, including social services, residential settings, and education
To hold clinical responsibility for their caseload of patients.
To promote the development of close and effective working relationships with colleagues in allied agencies, notably childrens services and education. Please see attached detailed job description and main responsibilities of this rolePerson SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- MB BS or equivalent recognised medical qualification
- Full medical registration with a license to practice
- Approval under Section 12 of the Mental Health Act(or within 6 to 12 months of the time of interview/assessment) or equivalent
- Relevant higher degree, e.g. MD, PhD, MSc or other additional clinical qualifications
- MRCPsych or equivalent
- Management qualification or evidence of an interest in developing leadership skills
- Fully registered with the GMC with a licence to practise at the time of appointment.
- Included on the GMC Specialist Register OR within six months
Clinical Skills, Knowledge & ExperienceEssential
- In good standing with GMC concerning warnings and conditions on practice
- Approved clinician status OR able to achieve within three months of appointment
- Knowledge of legislation, Department of Health Guidance and literature and its implications for clinical practice.
- Knowledge of NHS strategic vision in the Next Stage Review (High-Quality Care for All)
- Excellent clinical skills using bio-psycho-social perspective and wide medical knowledge
- Ability to manage clinical complexity and uncertainty
- Ability to meet duties under MHA and MCA
- Experience working with various patient groups presenting with the full range of clinical severity across different care settings, including community, inpatient, and specialist teams
- Knowledge of psychiatric provision
- Experience in management
- Specific training qualification/certificate or attendance on a recognised teaching course.
Academic Skills & Lifelong LearningEssential
- Holds and will use valid UK driving license OR provides evidence of proposed alternative.
- Access to a vehicle for work purposes
- Transport to travel between locations and ability to fulfil all duties of the post, including on-call, both within the parameters of the Equality Act 2010
- Ability to take a clinical leadership role in a multidisciplinary team, ensuring high-quality care.
- Skills in providing consultation to other professional groups under New Ways of Working
- oHas actively participated in clinical audit and quality improvement programmes.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Evidence of achievement in education, research, audit, and service improvement: awards, prizes, presentations, and publications.
Surrey and Borders Partnership NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Surrey and Borders Partnership, Theta Building
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.