An opportunity has arisen for a fixed term maternity cover for a Cancer Services Pharmacist at Royal Berkshire Hospital NHS Foundation Trust.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated pharmacist to join our Cancer Services Pharmacy team.Main duties of the job
- To deliver the clinical oncology and haematology services for in- and outpatients under supervision of the Lead Clinical Pharmacists.
- Actively involved in the safe and timely preparation and supply of systemic anti-cancer therapy and aseptically prepared products.
- Support the development of the clinical pharmacy service to Oncology and Haematology Clinics.
- Clinical verification and release of SACT prescriptions and products to in- and outpatient clinics.
- Support Accountable Pharmacist and Lead Aseptic Services Pharmacy Technician in maintenance of Quality Management Systems.
- Providing professional and technical support in the preparation of systemic anti-cancer therapy and aseptically prepared products.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated pharmacist to join our Cancer Services Pharmacy team.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Undertake clinical service on the wards, in the clinics and in the inpatient dispensary as a clinical pharmacist dependent on service requirements.
- Undertake technical work in the aseptic dispensary as an Authorised Pharmacist and to deputise for the Accountable Pharmacist in their absence.
- Optimise medicines management and pharmaceutical care within Cancer Services for day case and inpatient settings.
- Participate in the operational planning of the Aseptic Dispensary.
- Cinically verify SACT prescriptions against Cancer network approved protocols.
- Release SACT for treatment by liaising with clinical staff about safety and clinical appropriateness of treatment.
- Liaise with and assist the Accountable Pharmacist and the Aseptic Dispensary Manager to maintain, develop and implement Aseptic Dispensary standard operating procedures and worksheets.
- Liaise with the relevant Lead Pharmacists and the Accountable Pharmacist to regularly review standard operating procedures for prescription verification .
- Provide professional support and advice on the use of aseptically prepared products used outside of standard protocols.
- Adhere to the GPhC Professional Standards for Pharmacists
- Participate in departmental and clinical audit.
- Provide expert advice to medical and nursing staff on legal and professional matters relating to safe, economic and effective drug use. Effectively ensure that SACT is used appropriately within the relevant financial framework.
- To minimise risk associated with the use of medicines using pharmaceutical and scientific knowledge.
- To ensure aseptically prepared medicines are made according to the standards set out in Rules and Guidance for Pharmaceutical Manufacturers and Distributors and Quality Assurance of Aseptic Preparation Services and ensure that activities are carried out in accordance with the latest MHRA advice.
- To keep yourself informed about developments in Cancer Services and other areas of Hospital Pharmacy.
- Clinical experience
- Cancer experience
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Clinical pharmacy
- Pharmacy IT systems
Royal Berkshire NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Royal Berkshire Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.