We are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic Occupational Therapist/Team lead who has passion and special interest in supporting patients with the challenges of neuro rehabilitation and who can drive the team forward to excel in service provision.
Snowdon is a 16 bedded unit which specialises in the treatment of adults with physical and cognitive impairment following a neurological event or a long- term neurological condition. We offer specialist in-patient neurological rehabilitation. Snowdon is recognised as providing specialist neurorehabilitation as a level 2 Unit.
Kite Unit is a 10 bedded purpose-built unit offering a neuropsychiatric service providing rehabilitation to individuals with a brain injury whose impairments are in the cognitive, behavioural or mental health spectrum.
Both units focus on neuro-rehabilitation and neuropsychiatry in line with the definitions used by the BSRM for Acquired Brain Injury and are registered with UKROC contributing data to the national database.
As part of Solent's Futures Project, we will be working in partnership with the new build at the Western Community Hospital site where a new purpose built 'state of the art' rehabilitation centre of clinical excellence is being constructed.
Hours are negotiable and can be discussed at interview.Main duties of the job
- To undertake the Specialist therapy role in leading, planning, and co-ordinating the delivery and evaluation of the service.
- To take a major role in the advanced specialist therapy intervention as part of the specialist team, assessing and treating own caseload of patients who may have a complex presentation and maintain associated records as an autonomous practitioner.
- As a clinical specialist take on a lead role in specific management tasks alongside the operational lead.
- Deputise for the operational lead in their absence as required.
- Undertake evidence-based projects, including recommendations for change in practice and participate in research and audit.
- To support on KITE ward if required in the absence of the band 7 OT
- To provide spontaneous and planned advice, teaching and instruction to relatives, carers, and other professionals to promote understanding of the aims of the Complex Neuro rehabilitation service and to ensure a consistent approach to patient care.
Make a difference with us
If you are looking for somewhere you can make a real difference and are passionate about keeping people safe, well and out of hospital, a career with us may be just what you're looking for. At Solent NHS Trust, we strive to make a difference to the health and wellbeing of our communities.
We are proud to be an organisation which is focused on our people and we welcome people who share our values to come and work with us.
To deliver great care that is safe, simple and easy to access
To be a caring, flexible and supportive place to work
To deliver the best value for money
Our shared values support the development of a strong working culture. They breathe life into our organisation -- guiding and inspiring all of our actions and decisions. They enable us to be better at what we do and create a great place for our staff to work, whilst ensuring we provide the highest quality of care to our patients.
In creating our values, we spent time listening to our employees and members. Based on what people told us, we created our HEART values to reflect the deep belief that we are caring organisation at the centre of our community: Honesty, Everyone counts, Accountable, Respectful, Teamwork.
We are an accredited Real Living Wage employer.
We encourage and support our staff to be vaccinated as this remains the best line of defence against Covid-19.Job descriptionJob responsibilities*Please Note : For a detailed job description for this vacancy, please see attached Job Description* Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Degree or diploma in Occupational Therapy
- Current Health Care Professional Council registration as an Occupational Therapist
- Evidence of study at Masters' level or working towards this qualification relevant to area of practice
- Member of Royal College of Occupational Therapy
- Member of an appropriate Special Interest Group
- Post-registration experience in relevant setting
- Able to demonstrate ability to make decisions in complex & unpredictable situations & deal with verbal or physical aggression on occasions
- Proven Clinical Leadership & presentation skills
- Able to take personal responsibility, work autonomously & manage time effectively
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience of practice placement education & providing teaching/training for a range of student/staff needs
Solent NHS TrustAddress
Western Community Hospital
William Macleod Way
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.