HMP Durham is a reception prison serving the courts of the East and West of Northern England. The prison houses adult male remand prisoners throughout trial and into the early stages of sentencing.Main duties of the job
We're looking for experienced nurses to join our Planned Care pathway working in a rewarding environment where you will get to practice a full range of psychiatric skills and interventions.
In the planned care pathway, you will be acting as a care co-ordinator you will make on going assessment of needs reflecting individual circumstances, including risk assessment, providing relevant interventions and coordinating discharge planning.
You will be committed to a person-centered approach to your work and will have an ability to prioritise and work flexibly. We are looking for skilled nurses who will thrive working in a busy environment, working alongside our urgent care clinicians and amongst a wider well resourced team of multi-disciplinary professionals, as well as alongside partner providers from a variety of internal and external services.About us
We are the Mental Health & Learning Disability NHS Trust for County Durham and Darlington, Teesside, North Yorkshire, York and Selby.
From education and prevention, to crisis and specialist care - our talented and compassionate teams work in partnership with our patients, communities and partners to help the people of our region feel safe, understood, believed in and cared for.
We nurture the recovery journey of anyone in need of our help. In Our Trust, everyone has a say in how they are supported and treated because we listen to every person in our care until they feel understood. Our patients, their families and carers work together with us towards better mental health.
We're committed to new thinking that improves the wellbeing of our region. We connect with our communities and partners to get mental health care right, in areas that really need it.
We won't rest until everyone in our region has the mental health care they need, to lead their best possible life.
We offer a comprehensive induction and workforce development plan with a vast array of personal, professional and academic training opportunities enabling you to expand your skill set and evidence-based practices.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
We require the post holders to be committed to equal opportunities and non-discriminatory practices and reflect the trust values.
We would welcome candidates to contact us to arrange a visit to the prison or an informal discussion.
Please refer to the attached job description and person specification for further detailed information to ensure that you meet the role criteria before applying.Person SpecificationQualificationEssential
- RNMH,/RNLD or registered practitioner, current professional registration with NMC or relevant professional body.
- Evidence of Continuing Professional Development.
- MIP, FLIP, ENB 998 Teaching & Assessing in Clinical Practice or City & Guilds 730 Teaching in Adult Education (within agreed timescales)
- Clinical Supervisor (within agreed timescales).
- Recognised sign-off mentor or must be achieved within agreed timescale.
- Qualified practitioner in e.g. CBT, DBT, PSI, dual diagnosis etc. (within agreed timescale).
- Key skills in literacy, numeracy and ITQ level 2 (or equivalent)
- Non-medical Prescriber (within agreed timescale.)
- Leadership or management qualification
- Significant experience working with people with mental ill health in a community setting.
- A good understanding of the Offender Health pathway.
- Working collaboratively with service users and their families/carers.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Communicate complex and sensitive information effectively to patients, carers/families and all members of the multidisciplinary team
- Provide leadership and monitor, co-ordinate and prioritise the activities of a team.
- Work effectively as part of a multidisciplinary team and undertake care co-ordinator responsibilities
Tees Esk and Wear Valleys NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.