Applications are invited from motivated and appropriately qualified candidates for the post of Consultant Psychiatrist in Older People (Community post).You will join a team of 10 Community Consultants, 3 other Inpatient Consultants and a Trust wide Memory AssessmentService. Our service values are underpinned by the principles of recovery and person centered care.Main duties of the job
You will have direct clinical responsibility for 1 Community Mental Health Team. Exciting opportunities are available with a Community Transformation plan where close MDT working will be paramount with system and partnership organisations. You willbe required to assess and co-ordinate the care of these patients including any medico-legal issues. It would be helpful if you were familiar withRiO but training can be given.About us
You will have office accommodation at the Juniper Centre (South Consultant). There are SAS grade doctors, junior trainee medical support and secretarial support. Fixed office based and mobile IT access is available as well as numerous hot desking sites throughout the trust. IT support is available on site and centrally.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
You willbe required to assess and co-ordinate the care of these patients including any medico-legal issues. It would be helpful if you were familiar withRiO but training can be given.Person SpecificationScoringEssential
- Full GMC registration with a licence to practice.
- MRCPsych or equivalent Eligible for approval under Section 12(2) of the Mental Health Act (1983) and Approved Clinician status.
- Obtained inclusion on the Specialist Register or within six months of the award of a Certificate of Completion of Specialist Training (CCST) in General Adult Psychiatry or eligible for inclusion on the Specialist Register.
- Commitment to personal programme of Continuing Professional Development.
- Experience of assessing and treating patients with rare dementias in acute and community psychiatry settings.
- Experience of providing psychological and/or social interventions.
- Evidence of effective multi-disciplinary team involvement.
- Experience of teaching and training at an undergraduate/postgraduate level.
- Evidence of effective medical leadership or potential for this.
- Commitment to clinical audit within multi-disciplinary team.
- High quality assessment skills which incorporate a comprehensive biopsycho-social understanding.
- Ability to manage own time, workload and prioritise clinical work.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work creatively within multi-disciplinary team.
- Willingness to be involved in management of service.
- Able to participate in Consultant on-call rota.
- Able to travel.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Additional qualification or higher degree in medical education, clinical research or another relevant field.
- Approved under Section 12(2) of the Mental Health Act and Approved Clinician status.
- Broad clinical training including both inpatient and community service.
- Ability to manage clinical complexity and uncertainty.
- Experience in brief psychological therapies.
- Broad experience in risk management.
- Experience of contributing to or completion of a service improvement project.
- Experience of stakeholder engagement in service delivery.
- Completed clinically relevant audit projects.
- Able to communicate in a second language.
Birmingham and Solihull Mental Health NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Alcester Road, Moseley
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.