We are looking for 2 x Staff Nurses to work within our Byron Unit Service, however moving forward can also be based throughout the division.
The successful candidates will be able to demonstrate strong leadership, compassion and empathy to our patients, improving the quality of care and service delivery within a Learning Disability inpatient environment.
Secure and Specialist Learning Disability Division is responsible for specialised secure mental health and learning disability services. Working across the Secure Division as part of a multi-disciplinary team, you will contribute to the delivery of high standards of care and treatment to a challenging group of service users.
We are looking to recruit people with a genuine interest in working in Learning Disabilities, who is caring and self motivated, who works well in a team and who understands the importance of maintaining good quality care to achieve the best outcomes for patients.Main duties of the job
Byron ward is an assessment and treatment unit for people with learning disabilities. The aim and function of the ward is to assess, treat and support individuals in relation to mental health and or behavioural concerns. Service users will then be discharged into the community setting.About us
Mersey Care is one of the largest trusts providing physical health and mental health services in the North West, serving more than 11 million people.
We offer specialist inpatient and community services that support physical and mental health and specialist inpatient mental health, learning disability, addiction and brain injury services. Mersey Care is one of only three trusts in the UK that offer high secure mental health facilities.
At the heart of all we do is our commitment to 'perfect care' - care that is safe, effective, positively experienced, timely, equitable and efficient. We support our staff to do the best job they can and work alongside service users, their families, and carers to design and develop future services together. We're currently delivering a programme of organisational and service transformation to significantly improve the quality of the services we provide and safely reduce cost as we do so.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
For full details of the job description and responsibilities please see the attached job description and personal specification. For any queries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
If there are staff internal to the division interested in working at Byron Unit, they are advised to contact their line manager to explore this via the process of divisional mobilisation and service needs.
Interviews to take place at Hollins Park 1st November
There is an option for people to join virtually for those unable to attend in person. Please contact Jasmin Edwards, Modern Matron, Jasmin.email@example.comPerson SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Registered Mental Health or Learning Disability nurse, registered on the NMC register.
- Evidence of continued professional development
- Teaching & assessing / mentorship qualification
- Educational development courses in mental health
- Multi-disciplinary working
- NMC Code of Conduct
- Knowledge, understanding and use of the Care Programme Approach (CPA). Promotes people's equality, diversity and rights
- To ensure actions contribute to quality
- Knowledge of Service Governance
- Commitment to clinical supervision
- Knowledge of therapeutic boundaries
- Supervising others
- Post qualification experience in the mental health field
- Continuous Improvement
- High professional standards
- Responsive to service users
- Engaging leadership style
- Strong customer service belief
- Transparency and honesty
- Change oriented
- Effective communication skills (written & verbal)
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to manage difficult situations
- Able to assess, plan, implement & evaluate programmes of care
- Ability to carry out Personal Safety Training
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Good presentation skills
- Has led on initiatives to improve practice
Mersey Care NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Bryon Unit, Hollins Park Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.