This is a new and exciting role that will be integral to the current clinical Musculoskeletal (MSK) Physiotherapy services provision, and the vision for an integrated MSK clinical pathway. The role will require the individual to provide a range of services for patients focusing on the MSK Physiotherapy and FCP services.
This role will involve a Clinical Lead Physiotherapist role within the MSK Physiotherapy Team and the delivery of a First Contact Physiotherapy (FCP) sessions within Primary Care. The post holder will act as an expert musculoskeletal clinician presenting as a positive and influential role model, promoting evidenced-based and person-centred care. You will be responsible for the delivery of excellent patient care within the Physiotherapy service and across the musculoskeletal Primary/Secondary Care MSK Clinical Pathway.Main duties of the job
As a Clinical Lead MSK Physiotherapist your role will provide a specialist clinical skill and knowledge to the MSK Physiotherapy Service. This will be a key role developing and integrating MSK Physiotherapy/FCP Services. As a specialist musculoskeletal clinician, you will be involved in the clinical assessment of patients presenting with musculoskeletal problems. You will support MSK physiotherapists within the team, developing a quality MSK Physiotherapy Service.
As a First Contact Physiotherapist you provide an autonomous and safe first contact specialist physiotherapy assessment (without prior contact with the GP). This will include triage of patients giving accurate diagnosis, advice, appropriate exercises and signposting for ongoing patient management. An understanding of and progression to appropriate investigations to facilitate diagnosis and choice of treatment will be required.About us
We are always looking for enterprising and innovative approaches to the way we provide our services. We are a national centre for telemedicine and introduced telehealth to the UK offender healthcare sector and also provide the service to patients in their care homes. Community matters to us and we are supported by 400 dedicated volunteers and have strong links with Bradford University, Craven College and Leeds City College to ensure we inspire the workforce of the future
We want to attract staff who embrace our 'Right Care' behaviours of compassion, a commitment to quality of care and working together for patients - we want to make these part of our DNA
We encourage applications irrespective of people's age, lived experience of living with a disability, gender, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or other personal circumstancesJob descriptionJob responsibilitiesFor further information and full details of the job role please see the attached job description and person specification.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- oDegree or equivalent pre-registration award in Physiotherapy State registrations with the Health Care Professions Council Recent post graduate courses relevant to the: MSK Physiotherapy/First Contact Physiotherapy Service Previous experience of leadership Completion of course in Professional Practice education
- oMSc or PhD in a relevant subject FCP portfolio/MSc Module Previous FCP experience Post-graduate Diploma in Advanced Practice Certificate in Managing Health Services or equivalent Successful completion of a Professionally validated specialist course Recent post graduate courses in Leadership/management Member of relevant Professional special interest groups/organisations
- Recent, comprehensive, and relevant experience working in MSK Physiotherapy/First Contact Physiotherapy Service Experience of multidisciplinary team working Experienced in use of IT applications Experience of multidisciplinary guideline development, implementation, and audit Experience of clinical supervision both as supervisee and supervisor Experience of managing other people including conducting annual reviews Recent experience of student training
- Recent experience of leadership /management role Experience of taking part in or leading on clinical projects/ service improvements Experience of taking part in or leading an audit or research project Experience in dealing with Human Resource issues such as recruitment and retention, performance management, sickness, and annual leave Experience of working flexibly shifts/weekends
- Specialist level of knowledge and clinical reasoning skills to support expert clinical practice in MSK Physiotherapy/First Contact Physiotherapy Service Knowledge of the roles of other professionals and the principles of partnership working with key stakeholders in MSK Physiotherapy/First Contact Physiotherapy Service Knowledge of clinical standards and ability to implement and audit these in the team Knowledge of the principles of clinical governance, audit, and research Knowledge of the principles of student-centred learning and reflective practice Knowledge of relevant national and local legislation relevant to MSK Physiotherapy/First Contact Physiotherapy
- oKnowledge of relevant national and local legislation relevant to MSK Physiotherapy/First Contact Physiotherapy
- Skills to work as of a part team Skills in the use digital technology Excellent planning and organisational skills and ability to facilitate these skills in others Ability to set objectives for self and team and evaluate achievement of these Excellent communication and counselling skills including observation, listening, motivational interviewing and empathy Excellent interpersonal skills for developing complex working relationships, expressing opinions constructively, seeking consensus and maintaining networks Highly developed negotiation and problem-solving skills in complex situations and ability to facilitate these skills in others Excellent analytical and reflective skills Excellent presentation skills, both written and verbal, and ability to adjust style and content as appropriate Skills to be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines Skills to cope with working in a stressful environment, including emotional or aggressive patients and carers Concentration skills to be able to work intensely in a busy environment Skills to maintain own professional development and quality of work Skills to support Service manager with the organisation of services and projects
Personal Attributes and valuesEssential
- Ability to inspire staff to deliver high quality services Ability to chair meetings and facilitate workshops effectively Ability to adjust management style to suit the situation Ability to use all applications of Microsoft Office Audit and critical appraisal skills
Employer detailsEmployer name
- High degree of self-motivation and initiative and resilience High degree of Honesty and integrity Supportive, approachable, tactful, and diplomatic Highly flexible to meet own and service needs and be open to new ideas High degree of energy and enthusiasm Works independently within parameters set by codes of conduct, professional guidelines, and policies Actively seeks responsibility, accountability, and autonomy Always conducts self professionally and able to adapt approach to a range of situations. Lead by example
Airedale NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Airedale Hospital MSK Physiotherapy across sites
Airedale NHS Foundation Trust
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.