This is an exciting opportunity to get involved in the transformation of Older Persons Medicine services at The James Cook University Hospital. The service includes 2 in-patient wards, an orthogeriatric service, community hospital rehabilitation beds, a surgical liaison service, in-reach into frail major trauma patients, and outpatient services including an orthogeriatric clinic.
We would actively encourage applicants with all sub-speciality interests and those who wish to work flexibly, job share or LTFT.Main duties of the job
- Maintain the highest clinical standards in the practice of Older Persons Medicine
- Provide clinical and educational supervision and management of junior medical staff
- Be actively involved in the management of the department including attendance at the monthly Directorate meetings, Consultant team meetings, Audit Meetings and Consultant Away Days.
- Take part in annual appraisals. Appropriate time and assistance will be provided for preparation.
- Active involvement in audit including at least one project annually
- Take part in the daily MDT board rounds and take an active role in managing complex discharges
- Cover for colleagues' annual leave and other authorised absences
Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Continuing professional development. The Trust supports requirements for CPD as laid down by the Royal Colleges and is committed to providing support for these activities.
Please see the full job description and person specification document(s) for main responsibilities of the role.Person SpecificationessentialEssential Desirable
- Evidence of research or innovative service developments
- clinical experience-?Minimum 6 years in general/Older Persons medicine at Speciality doctor level/ closed SAS grade/ Trust SpR or equivalent
teaching and training experienceEssential
- Speciality Certificate exam in Older Persons medicine
- Taking part in teaching and training including WPBAs
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Other teaching skills/experience
South Tees Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
The James Cook University Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.