To provide an effective and quality administrative service to the Joint Research Office (Trust) team, to meet the requirements of a national service, adhering to deadlines and targets. To review, maintain and deliver research finance administrative functions that enhance the collection and recording of research activity, in line with service performance management. To maintain accurate financial records and perform financial transactions which adhere to ICH Trust policies and guidelines.Main duties of the job
To provide full research financial administrative support to the Clinical Research Operations Manager and R& D Account Manager. This includes ensuring that research financial documents and correspondence are prepared accurately and sent to the appropriate agency.About us
Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesMAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIESGeneral Administrative
- Kind - We are considerate and thoughtful, so you feel respected and included.
- Collaborative - We actively seek others views and ideas, so we achieve more together.
- Expert - We draw on our diverse skills, knowledge and experience, so we provide the best possible care.
- Aspirational - We are receptive and responsive to new thinking, so we never stop learning, discovering and improving
- To provide full research financial administrative support to the Clinical Research Operations Manager and R& D Account Manager. This includes ensuring that research financial documents and correspondence are prepared accurately and sent to the appropriate agency.
- To build and maintain templates for tracking commercial trials activity, invoicing, pharmacy, patient attendance, travel, tissue bank retrieval, archiving of trial files, award letters, and facility fees.
- To provide high quality comprehensive support function ensuring effective standards of quality and equality to the team, including an effective, responsive customer service to telephone callers to the office.
- To provide an effective and efficient quality word processing support, utilising software such as organisational databases and Microsoft packages including Word and Excel.
- To undertake all administrative duties on Clinical Trial files, including recording, updating and maintaining client details.
- To set up and maintain effective filing systems, including the appropriate maintenance of Clinical Trial files both paper and electronic.
- To participate in taking minutes for departmental meetings when necessary.
- To photocopy, fax and scan documents internally and externally as requested.
- To provide effective and efficient data collection that is completed timely, ensuring appropriate audit and monitoring systems are in place to maintain accurate data input.
- To be responsible for initiating, developing and maintaining Clinical Trial record systems ensuring all of the statutory and organisational requirements for their maintenance, safekeeping and disposal are adhered to at all times.
- To be responsible for the day to day processing of an effective and sensitive customer service when dealing with External Agencies via telephone calls and correspondence.
- To co-ordinate the ordering of stationery and research supplies using the electronic NHS supply chain system.
- To organise travel and accommodation for Researchers and their teams as required.
- To maintain accurate financial records as part of the Trial Master File and electronically (complete and concise audit trail)
- To liaise with Research Nurses and Research Co-ordinators to ensure patient travel/expenses reimbursements are processed in a timely manner according to agreed contract terms.
- To adhere to Trust policy when raising invoice requests and credit note requests.
- To accurately complete internal recharges.
- To liaise with Research Nurses, Research Co-ordinators, Pharmaceutical Companies and Trusts to ensure ICHT is receiving payment according to agreed contract terms (full economic recovery) and investigate financial queries in relation to disputed invoices or pending payments
- To adhere to Trust policy when processing staff expenses.
- To ensure that invoices comply with audit requirements, are forwarded to Accounts Payable with the relevant cost centre and account code and are authorised in accordance with the Scheme of Delegation.
- To complete account reconciliations, reviewing income and expenditure transactions to support General Ledger balances.
- To update and reconcile patient attendance trackers for invoicing purposes
- To create and maintain income shares for clinical trials and distribute income accordingly
- Provide cover for colleagues as appropriate.
- Assist in producing ad hoc reports and in project work.
- To undertake any other duties as required, in line with grade and level of responsibility.
- Training/Education to new staff members and internal departments on R& D processes.
- Provide supervision, training and support to new starters of the R& D Department, delegating task where necessary.
- To ensure confidentiality in accordance with organisational guidelines at all times.
- Degree or equivalent experience
- Basic accounting qualification
- RSA 3
- Minimum 1 year experience of developing and managing administrative systems
- Minimum 1 year experience of managing spreadsheets and databases
- Previous experience within an NHS setting
- Knowledge of accounting principles, procedures and practices
- Significant experience in dealing with personal/commercially sensitivedata and information.
- Proven track record of successful working with different staff groups
- Has attention to detail, able to work accurately, identifying errors quickly and easily.
- Has a planned and organised approach with an ability to prioritise their own workload.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Working experience in financial processes and procedures.
- Experience of developing and delivering efficient systems including quality management and monitoring systems.
- Track record of achievement in the development and delivery of improved services.
- Computer literate with an ability to use the required systems/office packages.
Imperial College Healthcare NHS TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.