We are looking for a highly motivated and skilled Occupational therapist to help grow the occupational therapy team and to provide specialist interventions both individually and in group settings to women across Surrey. The service has expanded across Surrey and we are looking to have two specialist OTs to work across site, with a base in Epsom covering Leatherhead, Dorking, Ashtead, Epsom and Ewell, Banstead, Redhill and Reigate.
Main duties of the job
- To assess and contribute to the diagnosis of individuals referred to the Perinatal service.
- To manage a caseload of women in the perinatal period with complex, severe and enduring mental health needs, providing interventions which support and promote improved mental and physical health for mothers, babies and their families.
- To evaluate the Occupational needs of individuals referred to the perinatal mental health service.
- To plan, implement and evaluate occupational therapy interventions
- To supervise and teach staff, including.
Do you aspire to change people's lives for the better?
Would you like to work flexibly in a highly regarded team who strive to provide high quality care primarily to mothers, alongside their babies and partners ensuring women experience positive mental health during pregnancy and postnatally?
We offer excellent training and development opportunities to enable you to work in this specialism, including perinatal conferences, simulation training, post graduate opportunities and regular internal training.
As a member of the team, you would provide specialist OT and biopsychosocial assessments and interventions to women during pregnancy, delivery and up to 24 months postnatal. The post holder will develop strong links with the Parent Infant mental health service, Health Visiting, Family Nurse Partnership, Midwifery, Adult mental health, Children's services, and the voluntary sector. The team works closely with the mental health midwives and obstetricians from the 5 local maternity units. You will hold a caseload of women for a specified locality and participate in triaging new referrals on a rotational basis supported by experienced team members.
The occupational therapy leadership team is committed to an extensive, coordinated CPD programme including supervision, care group and trust wide training, core competence training, and annual conferences.About us
Surrey and Borders Partnership NHS Foundation Trust is the leading provider of health and social care services for people of all ages with mental ill-health and learning disabilities in Surrey and North East Hampshire. We also provide social care services for people with a learning disability in Croydon and ASD and ADHD assessment services in Hampshire.
We actively seek to engage people who use our services and our communities in improving the mental wellbeing of the local population. We work closely with other NHS and voluntary sector organisations who provide services and support people who use services and carers.
Surrey is a beautiful county lying just 30 minutes away from Central London and from the South Coast.
Our historic market towns and bustling districts are enveloped in wonderful countryside, and our excellent road and rail networks bring the rest of the country within easy reach.
For international travel, both Gatwick and Heathrow airports are nearby. Please note that we reserve the right to close posts as soon as sufficient applications are received. Working from home contracts do not attract high cost area payments.
We look forward to receiving your application!Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see the job description and person specification attached for further information on the role.Person SpecificationQualifications and ExperienceEssential
- oOccupational Therapy professional qualification
- oA driving licence suitable for driving in the United Kingdom
- oAdditional academic clinical qualification relevant to area of work
- oLeadership training or relevant leadership experience
- Experience post qualification in mental health services which must include experience of providing supervision
- oExperience in perinatal mental health care
- oClinical supervision training
- oFieldwork educators training
Employer detailsEmployer name
- experience post qualification in mental health services which must include experience of providing supervision
Surrey and Borders Partnership NHS Foundation TrustAddress
28 upper high street
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.