Two posts are available working in the Adult Inpatient Psychology Service at the Welland Centre on Avocet, male assessment and treatment ward and Sandpiper female assessment and treatment ward.
We are seeking an accredited Psychological Therapist or a HCPC-registered Clinical/counselling Psychologist. Psychology is well-respected and integrated into the MDT provision across the wards, and there is scope to positively influence psychologically-informed environments through both individual and systemic working.
This post benefits from a recruitment incentive of �5,000 pro rata for successful candidates over 2.5 years. Initial payment of �2,000 will be made in the 1st month with a subsequent payment of �2,000 made on the 13th month of employment. The remaining �1,000 will be paid out in the 18th month of employment. Terms and conditions apply.
A relocation package is available up to �8,000, if the successful postholder relocates to Northamptonshire and meets eligibility criteria. This is subject to approval.Main duties of the job
Complex psychological assessments, formulations, short-term interventions and re-stabilisation work, groupwork, indirect work. Local MDT meetings, CPD with the psychology service, Trust-wide projects.
Clinical supervision of staff, staff well-being, critical incident support, teaching and reflective practice for MDT colleagues. Psychology is well integrated into the multi-disciplinary team and there is a genuine sense of cohesion and joint decision-making throughout the service user's admission.
There is ample scope for systemic working, developing leadership competencies, and a growing strand of research including opportunities to support bids for funded research and doctoral supervision.
We are looking for dynamic individuals who are passionate about working in acute in-patients and demonstrate flexibility and transparency. You will need to be highly motivated and use psychological thinking for all relationship development. It is also essential that you are a team player who enjoys working in a fast-paced and challenging environment. You will need to put the person at the centre of your work and focus on the co-production of their recovery journey in a compassionate and thoughtful manner.About us
Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Preceptorship opportunity for those starting at band 7(support and bespoke development plan to meet requirements of preceptorship)
- Support for further relevant and accredited training (financial/time).
- Opportunity to build a solid base of clinical skills and confidence across a broad range of conditions and situations
- Opportunities for leadership development through involvement in high impact projects.
- Support for relevant research/evaluation
- Cross-specialty work and specialising in areas of interest if desired
- Mentorship opportunities
For further information on the advertised role, please refer to the job description located under the Supporting Documents heading. The full person specification can be accessed under the About You Section of the document. Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Doctoral Qualification in Clinical Psychology & Eligible for HCPC registration or postgrad therapy qualification with relevant accreditation
- Post qualification training in a specific, relevant therapeutic approach.
- Demonstrates interest/enthusiasm for working in AMH inpatient setting
- Interest in short term interventions, working with personality difficulties, complex assessment, systemic workings
- Experience working in AMH services
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience in working in inpatients/complex healthcare systems
Northamptonshire Healthcare Foundation TrustAddress
Welland Centre, St Mary's Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.