An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the front door Acute and Frail therapy team based at Queen's Hospital Burton.
The post holder will work along side key professionals of the MDT to assure timely and holistic assessments for patients presenting in our front door and short stay services. There is agreat opportunity to advance on learnt Band 5 skills whilst developing leadership exposure and knowledge.
As a static member of the team the post holder will perform physiotherapeutic assessment of patients with diverse presentations and complex physical and psychological conditions, to provide a diagnosis and develop and deliver an individualised treatment programme. The post holder will also be responsible for supporting the team with specialist trainings, assuring development of competencies for rotational clinicians and leading in the absence of the band 7 colleagues.
The post holder will work on a 7 day rota-system.Main duties of the job
Closing date of applications: 26th September Date of interview: 10th OctoberAbout us
- To support the Team Leaders in day-to-day management of the team
- To assess and treat own patient caseload, and maintain associated records.
- To perform physiotherapeutic assessment of patients with diverse presentations and complex physical and psychological condition, to provide a diagnosis and develop and deliver and individualised treatment programme.
- To hold responsibility for own caseload, working without direct supervision. Supervision takes the form of regular formal training and clinical reasoning sessions, peer review, case conferences. Access to advice and support from a senior physiotherapist is available if required, clinical work is not routinely evaluated.
As a trusted organisation at the heart of our communities, we recognise the important role we can play in supporting the public, patients, our own people and local partners in achieving the best of health for the local population and the communities in which they live by providing Exceptional Care Together
Our fundamental Values of Compassion, Openness and Excellence underpin how we intend to work as a Trust and the associated behaviours are becoming embedded in all aspects of how we work.
In return we will offer:
- Development opportunities, including both professional and leadership development
- On-going support through every step of the way from recruitment to when you join our team and beyond.
- A variety of other staff benefits including employee assistance programme, discounted gym membership, onsite fitness classes, car schemes
Key Facts about our Trust:
Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- We see on average 4810 OP appointments per day.
- We are the 4th busiest Trauma & Orthopaedic outpatients department in England - an average of 2077 per week.
- An average of 1115 patients are seen in A& Es across our network every day - 3rd largest in the country.
- Our hospitals admit an average of 195 emergency patients daily.
- Last year we undertook almost 33,700 planned surgical operations in our 57 operating theatres.
- We are one of only 7 Trusts nationally with more than 50 operating theatres.
- We carry out more than 140 elective procedures each working day.
Please see attached Job description and Person Specification. To apply please click APPLY FOR THIS JOB this link will take you to the TRAC Recruitment Site. You will need to register if you do not already have an account.Person SpecificationQualificationEssential
- Graduate Diploma. Phys or BSc MCSP
- HCPC registered
- To have gained a broad prospective of physiotherapy in/out patient treatments within a hospital setting
- To have experience in front door or short stay services
- To have complex discharge planning skills
- To be a student educator
- To have contributed to a 7 day service
- To be oncall competent
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively
- To use MDT discussions constructively
Employer detailsEmployer name
- To have had some leadership training
University Hospitals of Derby and Burton NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Queens Hospital Burton
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.