Thank you for your interest in this post and for taking time to read this information pack.
We are in the fortunate position to offer an exciting opportunity to work with our teams at Basingstoke and North Hampshire Hospital and the Royal Hampshire County Hospital in Winchester. This role will involve working closely with operational teams in the trust to improve the provision of medication for discharge and the overall flow of patients in the trust. Working in this fast-paced environment will give you the opportunity to develop clinical and leadership skills in addition to developing experience of project management.Main duties of the job
- To support the effective transition of patients from secondary care into primary care providers
- To facilitate the safe and efficient supply of discharge medication for patients within secondary care, enhancing patient flow.
- To manage people to ensure the effective operation of the services provided to the medical and nursing teams and the wider trust.
- The post holder has joint responsibility with other lead pharmacists within the clinical team for the overall leadership of the clinical pharmacy service.
- To act as an Independent Non-medical Prescriber, in accordance with the Health & Social Care Act 2001.
HHFT is committed to providing patients, visitors and staff with a high quality and safe environment. HHFT provides medical and surgical services to people living in Hampshire and parts of West Berkshire.
HHFT provides one service from multiple locations including our own hospitals which provide a full range of planned and emergency services including accident and emergency, general and specialist surgery, general medicine, intensive care, rehabilitation, chemotherapy, diagnostic services, maternity, neonatal, gynaecology, paediatric care and outpatient clinics.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Further information about the Trust and this role can be found on the Job Description and Person Specification document attached.
We are happy to consider requests for flexible working arrangements.Person SpecificationRegistrationEssential ExperienceEssential
- Experience of working in a hospital pharmacy environment
- Postgraduate clinical diploma
- Independent prescribing qualification
- Experience of team management/leadership
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Project management experience
Hampshire Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Basingstoke and North Hampshire Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.