- Salary: �35,392 - �42,618 per annum
- Hours (weekly): 37.5
- Work pattern: Flexible, Minimum two days in office (LRI)
We see over 1.1 million people in our hospitals each year but the help we provide goes beyond our appointments.Over 2.5 million people interact with us through our website, and thousands more colleagues rely on our intranet for their day-to-day role. This makes the management and development of our digital assets critical to the running of our hospitals and the delivery of patient care.
Our digital platforms communications officer is a key part of the content and channels team and will work to ensure good guardianship of our channels and an audience-first perspective.
This role will suit someone who has had experience with the development of content for websites, and the management of intranets. Experience of overseeing large-scale platform development is a bonus. A passion for the NHS is a must.
You will be part of a creative and supportive communications team delivering internal and external communications at one of the biggest and busiest NHS Trusts in the country. We live our values by demonstrating compassion, striving for excellence, respecting diversity, acting with integrity and listening to and supporting others.
Sound like a team you'd like to join? Apply today.
If you'd like to find out more about the role before applying please contact Maria O'Brien, Head of Communications, email@example.comMain duties of the jobAs a Senior Communications Officer - Digital Platforms, your key results areas will be around:
- Platform development - supporting the development of our new website and intranet platforms to ensure that they meet user needs and have strong governance of content and developments.
- Good news - ensuring that our website and intranet work as effective portals to tell the stories of our achievements, investments and excellence in care and research.
- Campaigns - ensuring that our internal and external campaigns make best use of our digital platforms, by advocating the importance of audience insight and best practice, to ensure our campaigns reach and resonate with the right people.
We are one of the biggest and busiest NHS trusts in the country, incorporating the General, Glenfield and Royal Infirmary hospitals. We have our very own Children's Hospital and run one of the country's leading heart centres.
Our team is made up of more than 17,000 colleagues providing a range of services primarily for the one million residents of Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland.
We work with partners at the University of Leicester and De Montfort University providing world-class teaching to nurture and develop the next generation of doctors, nurses and other healthcare professionals, many of whom go on to spend their working lives with us.
Our purpose is to provide 'Caring at its best' and our staff have helped us create a set of values that embody who we are and what we're here to do. They are:
- We focus on what matters most
- We treat others how we would like to be treated
- We are passionate and creative in our work
- We do what we say we are going to do
- We are one team and we are best when we work together
Our patients are at the heart of all we do and we believe that 'Caring at its best' is not just about the treatments and services we provide, but about giving our patients the best possible experience.
About the University Hospitals of Leicester NHS Trust:
http://www.leicestershospitals.nhs.uk/aboutus/work-for-us/current-vacancies/Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesThe detailed job description and main responsibilities are included as an attachment to this advert.Person SpecificationTraining and QualificationsEssential
- Educated to degree level or equivalent, or equivalent knowledge gained through relevant experience
- Post degree experience of 2 years or more in communications/marketing
- Other communications qualifications (CIPR, CIM or other)
- Membership of professional body
- Expert working knowledge of website and intranet development
- Significant experience of managing a large website representing a high-profile organisation
- Experience of project management for website upgrades or new platform development, including the introduction of a new design, structure and content, as well as clean up and migration processes
- Extensive experience of using a variety of Content Management Systems (CMS)
- Extensive experience of production of digital content for a website, such as video, podcasts, blogs and photography
- Experience of using a web analytical programme to assess the websites' performance
- Ability to analyse statistical results and monitor web trends and present recommendations
- Creation of written messages/ creative content for different audiences.
- Experience of communicating messages internally and to the public effectively using digital technologies.
- Evidence of success in efficient and effective project management.
- Experience and understanding of a wide number of innovative, digital applications.
- Expert working knowledge of various IT packages including Microsoft Office and Adobe creative suite
Planning and organisation skillsEssential
- Experience of working in the NHS or a related organisation.
- Crisis management experience
- GA4 Analytics experience
Commitment to ValuesEssential
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and prioritise workload
- Ability to work collaboratively with a wide range of stakeholders with conflicting priorities
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages with advanced keyboard use
Communication and relationship skillsEssential
- Must be able to demonstrate behaviours consistent with the Trust's Values and Behaviours
Analytical and Judgement SkillsEssential
- Strong communication skills for delivering key messages to a range of stakeholders both internal and external (including outside the NHS) at all levels.
- Strong presentational skills for conveying concepts, especially to those who may not be marketing / design / digital savvy
- Ability to communicate sensitive issues
- Ability to relate to people at all levels and to deal with senior colleagues with confidence
- Ability to build and maintain strong client relationships
- Understanding and respect for the importance of patient confidentiality
- Ability to advise others on appropriate digital communications processes, practices and standards
- Able to deal with facts /data /information/ situations requiring analysis, interpretation/ comparison of a range of options/data
- Able to undertake analysis of reach, impact and return on investment using quantitative and qualitative methods to inform future strategies/reporting
- Problem solving skills and ability to respond to sudden unexpected demands
Equality, Diversity and InclusionEssential
- Understanding of how the NHS works
Other requirements specific to the roleEssential
- Able to demonstrate a commitment and understanding of the importance of treating all individuals with dignity and respect appropriate to their individual needs
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to travel to other locations as required and attend Trust sites out of hours - only where necessary and appropriate
- A team player, with a flexible approach
- Creative individual who keeps up to date with latest trends to help keep communications effective and current
University Hospitals of Leicester NHS TrustAddress
Leicester Royal Infirmary, Infirmary Square
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.