Are you a Sonographer looking for a role in the heart of London, rotationg between two of our west London Trusts? Craving a dynamic change in your professional life? Hammersmith and St Mary's hospital are eagerly searching for individuals like you!
We're in search of a skilled Sonographer to join our dynamic team. Whether you're seeking career progression or simply a breath of fresh air, this could be your perfect match.
As the face of Imperial College NHS Trust, you'll be on the frontline of health, displaying your ultrasound expertise to our local community. Your primary role will involve conducting comprehensive, predominantly non-obstetric, ultrasound procedures.
Given the characteristics of this position, it is anticipated that you will operate autonomously, so experience within ultrasound is necessary.
We aim to ensure you feel valued in your position, so we provide you with opportunities to grow and evolve within your role and would consider rotatiing through the sites at Imperial
Whether you're hungry for your next professional milestone or yearning for a fresh environment, your search ends here!Main duties of the job
- To provide an efficient high quality ultrasound service comprising unsupervised scanning sessions within the trust maintaining a high standard of patient care.
- To work as an independent practitioner by performing ultrasound scans to a high diagnostic standard, formulating a report and communicating the results to the appropriate clinician and to accountable for own professional actions.
- Provide specialist advice pertaining to the ultrasound service.
- Responsible for training and supervision of all staff within the ultrasound unit
- To be actively involved and assist with the department Audit, Research and Clinical Governance programme
- To deputise for Superintendent Sonographer.
At Imperial College Healthcare you can achieve extraordinary things with extraordinary people, working with leading clinicians pushing boundaries in patient care. Become part of a vibrant team living our values - expert, kind, collaborative and aspirational. You'll get an experience like no other and will fast forward your career.
Benefits include career development, flexible working and wellbeing, staff recognition scheme. Make use of optional benefits including Cycle to work, car lease schemes, season ticket loan or membership options for onsite leisure facilities.
We are committed to equal opportunities and improving the working lives of our staff and will consider applications to work flexibly, part-time or job share.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
The full job description provides an overview of the key tasks and responsibilities of the role and the person specification outlines the qualifications, skills, experience and knowledge required. For both overviews please view the Job Description attachment with the job advert.Person SpecificationEDUCATIONEssential
- BSc Radiography or Diploma of the College of Radiographers (DCR).
- UK - HPC registration
- Evidence of CPD.
- Organisational skills
- Professional attitude
- Good Interpersonal skills
- Must have worked as a senior radiographer carrying out a wide range of general ultrasound procedures
- Patient care.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience of specialised procedures.
- Supervisory experience.
Imperial College Healthcare NHS TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.