12 month secondment or 12 month fixed term position .
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a motivated Team Leader to join the Community Team for Learning Disabilities (CTLD) Hull and East Riding.
Learning disability services are currently on a journey of service improvement. This post will allow the successful candidate the opportunity to influence team development in additional to enhancing their own management and leadership skills.
The Community Team for Learning Disabilities is a multi-disciplinary team comprising of nursing, psychology, speech and language therapy, occupational therapy, physiotherapy, and medical staff. Each profession has a professional lead which you will work alongside. The CTLD provides a specialist service for adults with learning disabilities living in the community and works closely with other Learning Disability Services in addition to other agencies including Primary Care, Social Care and Private Providers.
Previous applicants need not applyMain duties of the job
As a Band 7 Team Leader you will be responsible for overseeing the day to day operational management and providing organisational leadership in conjunction with the professional leads. You will provide support and advice regarding service development and the delivery of care whilst working in partnership with service users, carers, professional leads and other partner agencies, across the teams/geographical areas. You will be responsible for achieving key performance indicators for service delivery, as well as offering leadership and development through managerial supervision of the team.
The post holder will develop good working relationships within learning disability services and other partnership organisations across various sectors. You will be supported by the Service Manager.About us
We are anaward winning and CQC rated good, health and social care Trust that delivers care to communities in Hull, East Yorkshire, Scarborough, and Ryedale & Whitby. We deliver safe, effective, and integrated health services that improve the physical, mental, and social health and wellbeing of patients and service users.
To find out about our wide range of services including mental health, learning disabilities, children, and young people service, Forensic, Community and Primary Care visit our website humber.nhs.uk/Services
You'll join our team of over 3600 colleagues that work together across our wide geography and specialities to change lives daily. We're extremely proud of our Trust community, knowing you can expect to receive a warm welcome and all the support you'll need from your new team to get you started.
We are committed to staff development to ensure the delivery of high quality, person-centred and compassionate care to patients. We value our staff and invest in them, ensuring they have the right skills and competencies to deliver outstanding care.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
For further information with regard to this vacancy please see attached Job description and person specificationPerson SpecificationQualifications and KnowledgeEssential
- Full understanding/application of relevant clinical practice/standards/audit within identified service area
- Full understanding of relevant policy, legislation, drivers and their application to clinical and service area, e.g. Mental Capacity Act, Social Inclusion, Safeguarding Children
- Evidence of project work that has had a positive impact on service delivery
- Postgraduate or equivalent or be able to demonstrate equivalent knowledge or experiential learning/experience in service development, managing change, leading and managing staff, plus specialist training and short courses to Diploma level relevant to area of practice
- Specialist understanding/application of relevant managerial and leadership aspects of service area
- Evidence of policy implementation and development
- Knowledge of managing delegated budgets
- Accredited leadership/management qualification or ability to demonstrate significant experience
- Evidence of post registration professional practice
- Proven leadership/management experience, able to demonstrate examples of positive impact/change within service delivery/practice at an advanced level
- Evidence of specialist practice skills and able to demonstrate the impact of this on practice change/development
- Evidence of promoting/supporting active user/carer involvement/participation
Employer detailsEmployer name
- A breadth of professional practice including specialising in the field where the post is held
- Ability to work across team/organisational boundaries developing and maintaining multi-professional and multi-agency partnerships
- Experience of developing others through education, mentorship, coaching, teaching, assessing, presentations,
Humber Teaching NHS Foundation TrustAddress
298 Cottingham Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.