The Rheumatology Department is a busy outpatient setting with a day unit giving IV infusions. There is a strong research focus and university links. There is an innovative team of 7 consultants and 5 specialist nurses. We are a very friendly and cohesive team. We are looking for a Band 7 nurse specialist to work with patients who are newly diagnosed on the Early Inflammatory Arthritis Pathway and those who are receiving biologic and high cost therapies.Main duties of the job
The role involves managing patients who are receiving biologic and high-cost therapies, running 3 independent nurse-led clinics per week.
There will also be clinical sessions allocated to covering the nurse advice line which is for all rheumatology patients (not just those on biologic therapies).The role will also involve mentoring, supervising and managing some of the band 6 nurses within the department.
Experience in a rheumatology setting and knowledge of biologic therapies is essential along with confidence to make complex clinical decisions in managing patient care. Non-medical prescribing would be desirable but not essential, a willingness to undertake study for this would be expected. We will consider less than full time applications.About us
University Hospitals Bristol and Weston NHS Foundation Trust (UHBW) is one of the largest acute Trusts in the country, bringing together a combined workforce of over 13,000 staff and over 100 different clinical services across 10 different sites, serving a core population of more than 500,000 people across South West England. UHBW has been rated by the CQC as 'Good' overall and our staff are proud to deliver excellent care to the people of Bristol, Weston and beyond. As a forward-thinking multi-award winning Trust and a digital exemplar committed to improving patient care, our world-leading research and innovations are having a positive local and global impact. Our hospitals are spread across Bristol and Weston, join us and you can enjoy the very best of both worlds city living within a stone's throw of the countryside or beside the seaside, both with easy access to all that the South West has to offer. UHBW is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. As an equal opportunities employer actively working towards a diverse workforce we aim to recruit and retain a workforce which represents the rich diversity of the local population at all levels and are committed to designing our services around the needs of individual patients and those around them. Anonymous information will be used from your application in order to ensure we're meeting our pledgeJob descriptionJob responsibilities
For a more detailed job description and main responsibilities, please refer to the job description document attached to this vacancy.Person SpecificationKnowledge and ExperienceEssential
- Thorough and up to date knowledge of nursing theory and best practice particularly within speciality area
- Significant relevant clinical experience
- Substantial current speciality experience
- Evidence of recent teaching experience
- Experience of undertaking research or audit projects
- Knowledge of national and local specialty specific issues
Skills and AbilitiesEssential
- Experience and knowledge of advanced practice/protocols
Qualifications and TrainingEssential
- Highly effective communication skills - verbally and written to staff, patients and relatives including in situations of conflict or distress
- Able to gain credibility with and influence colleagues including influencing clinical changes where appropriate
- Strong organisational skills - prioritising complex situations
- The ability to lead and influence change
- Demonstrates ability to implement and utilise audit data to improve quality
- Clinical expert in defined area of work
- Be able to speak fluent English to an appropriate standard
Desirable Employer detailsEmployer name
- RGN.1st Level qualification
- Current NMC Registration
- 1st Degree in nursing or health related subject
- Relevant accredited post registration at level 3
- Qualification in Teaching and Assessing
- Evidence of masters level academic study or willingness to work towards Masters (in relevant health related subject)
University Hospitals Bristol and Weston NHS Foundation Trust (UHBW)Address
Bristol Royal Infirmary
Upper Maudlin St.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.