UHD Neonatal Unit is a level 2 centre caring for preterm babies of 27 weeks gestation and above as well as sick term babies. We use a range of therapies such as ventilation, cerebral cooling and cerebral function monitoring.
We will send you on a neonatal preceptorship programme attended by all staff new to specialty that has proved a great source of supportpreviously.
You will also be seconded after1-2 years working on the unit to the Neonatal Course whichprovides you with the neonatal nursing qualification.
There are various career pathways such as staff, deputy sister and sister oras an advanced neonatal nurse practitioner.
If you are interested in high quality care for the most vulnerable patients and their families we would like to hearfrom you.
Additional contact information
Sister Wendy Baccus - Tel 0300 019 3269
Sister Kelly Thomas - Tel 0300 019 3269 Base Location: Poole Hospital Interview Date: TBCMain duties of the job
To understand the role in more detail please read the full job description and person specification documents which are attached to this advert.About us
Our values define who we are as #TeamUHD. They underpin everything we do now and in the future. They define how we treat our patients, visitors, and each other, our valued team mates and colleagues.
UHD are investing in services across the Trust, with many being transformed and developed following merger and the New Hospital Programme.
In some cases this means that a services may move site this year or next, either temporarily or long term. Recruiting Managers interviewing for this role will be happy to answer any specific questions that you have at interview. Job descriptionJob responsibilities
To understand the role in more detail please read the full job description and person specification documents which are attached to this advert.Person SpecificationQualificationEssential
- Registration on Part 1 (RGN/RN Adult General), 8 (RSCN/Child Branch), 12 (RM), 15 (Project 2000 Children's Nurse) of NMC Register or equivalent
- Diploma in relevant subject
- Post registration experience
- Ability to work as part of a team and project a positive image
- Excellent time management skills
- Problem solving approach and skills
- Decision making skills - clinical and non-clinical
- Ability to use computer or willingness to learn
- Ability to work under pressure, thinking and acting coherently and with respect to others
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Comprehensive applied Anatomy and Physiology for relevant area
- Specialist knowledge of relevant medical conditions of patients
- Ability to support Clinical Supervision
University Hospitals Dorset NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.