The Acute Assessment Unit has recently relocated to a new purpose built facility and is co-located next to our beautiful Emergency Department. This has allowed Airedale to develop existing and new patient pathways into the Urgent Care steam including medicine, general surgery and orthopaedics. Within the AAU there is also an ambulatory care facility, which supports the Right Care ethos for our patients.Main duties of the jobAcute Assessment Unit (AAU)
Due to an investment in the senior nursing team, the AAU are looking for enthusiastic Registered Nurses who want to develop their leadership skills and join us as a Band 6 Sister/Charge Nurse. The role has the support of a substantial Band 6 team to work within, Band 7 Senior Clinical Sisters, Governance and Quality Lead Nurse, a Nursing Clinical Lead and Matron. You will be an active part of the senior leadership team, promoting excellent clinical skills, sound nursing care and trusting working relationship across a varied multidisciplinary team.
As part of your induction, the Urgent Care Clinical Educator will work with you to tailor an induction programme and development plan to achieve individual and departmental goals, and you will be given a senior nurse to support and mentor you.
The successful candidate will be expected to work flexibly and collaboratively to deliver high quality care, based within an environment that equally values its staff as well as its patients.
Opportunities for rotation to other areas within the Urgent Care are encouraged.About us
We are always looking for enterprising and innovative approaches to the way we provide our services. We are a national centre for telemedicine and introduced telehealth to the UK offender healthcare sector and also provide the service to patients in their care homes. Community matters to us and we are supported by 400 dedicated volunteers and have strong links with Bradford University, Craven College and Leeds City College to ensure we inspire the workforce of the future.
We want to attract staff who embrace our Right Care behaviours of compassion, a commitment to quality of care and working together for patients we want to make these part of our DNA.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
For further information and full details of the job role please see the attached job description and person specification.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- NMC Registartion
- Teaching and assessing course/NVQ Assessor
- SLIP (or equiv)
- Leadership/ management Course
- Post registration experience (or equiv)
- Recent Acute Clinical Experience
- Demonstrable clinical expertise, relevant to the area
- Has worked in different care specialities
- Knowledge of the NHS Constitution & 'Understanding the New NHS'
- Demonstrable interest in and commitment to the professional development of others
- Research Knowledge
- Competency in PICC line / Hickmann line cares
- An understanding of private patients needs.
- Computering - Knowledge of Windows XP
- Understanding of haematology , oncology conditions and endocrine
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Can demonstrate professional development in leadership
- Ability to organise and manage day to day departmental activities and the activities of large multidisciplinary team within this
- Team building and working skills - able to lead a team to achieve results
- Problem solving skills - able to respond to unexpected issues and provide first line response and to identify appropriate sources of secondary support
- Must have experience in working in an acute assessment
Airedale NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Airedale NHS Foundation Trust
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.