An opportunity has arisen for a motivated, qualified nurse to join our busy team in Day Surgery for 1 year fixed term contract.
full or part time will be considered.
If you are looking to develop and further your career then we would love to hear from you. The department is looking for an enthusiastic individual to work in Day Surgery covering a variety of surgical specialities.
The ability to speak Welsh is desirable for this post English and/or Welsh speakers are equally welcome to applyMain duties of the job
The role encompasses all shift types to meet departmental needs and requires individuals who are hard working, motivated and keen to further their development within a supportive culture.
The role will be to admit, recover and discharge day case patients in the Princess of Wales Hospital.
You will be expected to use your excellent clinical and evidenced based knowledge and skills to actively contribute to service development across the perioperative pathway, identifying opportunities and supporting individuals in the delivery of high quality patient care.About usOur values and behaviours are fundamental to the way we do things at Cwm Taf Morgannwg University Health Board. They are everything we stand for and aspire to. That includes the way we behave, how we perform our roles and the way we recruit new talent. We look forward to exploring how your values align with ours. This is how we work: We listen, learn and improve We treat everyone with respect We all work together as one team Job descriptionJob responsibilities
To contribute to the provision of health care to the people of Cwm Taf Morgannwg University Health Board (CTMUHB) with the responsibility for the assessment planning, provision, maintenance and evaluation of care for patients in the peri-operative care environment. The post holder will be expected to:
Person SpecificationQualificationEssential Desirable Aptitude & AbilitiesEssential
- work collaboratively as part of a multidisciplinary team to provide safe, high-quality patient focused perioperative care to patients.
- meet the care needs of patients.
- participate in the setting and monitoring of quality standards in relation to clinical practice.
- participate in the education and training of other staff members.
- continue own personal and professional development by rotating within the peri-operative care environment relevant to their sphere of practice.
- Good interpersonal skills
- IT literate
- Ability to demonstrate initiative
- Prioritisation & organisational skills
- Clear written & spoken English
- Ability to work effectively in a team
- Motivation & enthusiasm
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Able to work flexibly
- Able to work shifts
Cwm Taf Morgannwg University Health BoardAddress
Princess of Wales Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.