Senior Occupational Therapist - Rotational Post -Band 6 Full time (37.5 hours)
Part time hours and job share considered Therapy Services, Broomfield Hospital, Chelmsford Are you ready to develop the next phase of your career and wanting to develop your career and take on more responsibility? We have 2 vacancies in our band 6 OT rotation and want you to be part of this exciting opportunity. Rotations are for 8 months and are available in Stroke, Emergency, Medical, Elderly, and Respiratory/Surgery and St Andrews [Plastic Surgery and Burns] service.
You will have excellent clinical and problem solving skills to assess, treat and facilitate safe and timely discharge of patients and will be supervising and supporting junior staff and students. Experience of working in a similar acute hospital environment or community setting is essential.
The post holder will participate in our rostered weekend and public holiday service working approximately one weekend a month.
Main duties of the job
- Assesses and treats own patient caseload as an autonomous practitioner.
- Maintains appropriate communications and associated records working as part of the multidisciplinary team.
- Liaises with patients, family members, carers, equipment services, social care and health professionals to ensure each patient receives high quality and coordinated care.
- Demonstrates a commitment to continued development of skills and knowledge.
- May participate in departmental audit and research.
- Undertakes comprehensive/ standardised Occupational Therapy assessments addressing occupational performance and skill deficits in the areas of self-maintenance, productivity and leisure.
- Manages and accepts clinical responsibility for a caseload of patients, demonstrating ability to prioritise and delegate work to assistants when appropriate.
- Degree or equivalent diploma in Occupational Therapy and HCPC registered
- Works as an autonomous Occupational Therapist, being aware of the needs of others within the team.
- Undertakes assessments of patient's home environment and social situation to advise and implement provision of equipment and adaptations to gain maximal independence.
- Liaises with health and social care professionals and other related statutory, private and voluntary organisations, providing written reports, recommendations and referrals when appropriate
Mid and South Essex NHS Foundation Trust is now one of the largest in the country, with a workforce of approximately 15,000 who serve a population of 1.2 million people.
We work together, and in conjunction with MSE Health and Care Partnership, to deliver excellent local and specialist services, to improve the health and wellbeing of our patients in a compassionate way, and provide a respectful, but vibrant place for staff to develop, innovate and build careers.
From facilities through to consultant specialists we want to be the best, to achieve this we need to recruit not just those who are the finest in their field but also those who have the potential to be. Yes, experience is important but so is outlook - if you are dynamic, forward-thinking and enthusiastic we want you to join us.
We not only offer you a good working environment with flexible working opportunities, but also the opportunity to develop your career with access to appropriate training for your job and the support to succeed and progressJob descriptionJob responsibilities
- Communicates effectively through using written, verbal, non-verbal and listening skills.
- Demonstrates effective and assertive behaviour in confrontational and moderately complex situations.
- With minimal guidance is able to balance clinical and non-clinical commitments.
- Ensure that Occupational Therapy treatment is based on theoretical knowledge and clinical reasoning skills are used to justify intervention and support own practice in routine situations.
- Adheres to HCPC regulations and Royal College of Occupational Therapy professional code of conduct.
- Acts in accordance with Staff Values and Behaviours.
- Demonstrates CPD though participation in internal and external development opportunities, recording learning outcomes in portfolio.
- Is aware of and implements Trust and Departmental Policies and Procedures
- To be responsible for maintaining stock and using equipment and resources in a professional way
- To be responsible for maintaining accurate and comprehensive patient treatment records in line with Occupational Therapists standards of practice
This list is not exhaustive. Please refer to the full job description.Person SpecificationSkills and ExperienceEssential
- Experience within specific acute hospital areas
- Experience of working as a band 5 OT
- Relevant experience within acute orthopaedic services
- Experience of MDT working
- Evidence of helping support students or junior staff
- Evidence of supporting service improvement
Employer detailsEmployer name
- HCPC registration as Occupational Therapist
- Graduate Diploma or Degree in Occuptional Therapy
- Experience of working in an acute hospital or intermediate care setting
Mid and South Essex NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.