Health & Safety Officer
Interview Date: Tuesday 2nd October 2023
We are recruiting for a Health & Safety Officerwho shares our ambition and vision to deliver the Best of Care by the Best People
and has the drive to take us forward, by ensuring that the Trust continues to be the first choice for patients and our staff.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Health & Safety Team at Medway Foundation NHS Trust within the Integrated Governance and Quality Team.
You'll be passionate about supporting front line staff to deliver safe, effective and high quality care, whilst driving continuous and quality improvement through effective and established systems of Health and Safety.
Your experience and credibility, together with your personal determination and compassion will support the Head of Health & Safety to deliver a programme of transformation across the Health & Safety agenda, systems and processes.Main duties of the job
Reporting to the Health & Safety Lead, this post forms part of the Health & Safety Team to support the delivery of the Trust's Quality Strategy and vision to ensure 'Best of care by the best of people' through the delivery of safe, effective and high quality services, that ensure the people who use our services, their families, carers and visitors receive a positive experience.
Our values are B
very Person Counts, S
haring and Open and T
ogether. It is important that you understand and to refer to our values when completing your application and always reflect our values throughout your employment with the Trust.
We are committed to endorsing diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion our policies / procedures ensure that all applicants are treated fairly at every stage of the recruitment process.
To contribute to our exciting future and become part of our team, apply today.About us
Here at Medway, we pride ourselves on working together as one to ensure that our shared vision of Better, Best, Brilliant is achieved. Our culture and values are what drives the Trust and is the heartbeat of who we are as an organisation.
Our Trust is a great choice for people who want to develop their career in an ambitious environment.
Would you like to work flexibly? In the NHS, we are reminded every day of how important life is. As a flexible working friendly organisation, we want to be sure that you can work in a way that is best for us, for our patients and for you. Speak to us about how we might be able to accommodate a flexible working arrangement which will not mean sacrificing time for personal interests or family commitments. We aim to support you to work flexibly in a way that will suit you and us.
All of our substantive & fixed term employees can enjoy a range of staff benefits, a gym, an active health and wellbeing programme, an on-site nursery and a cycle to work scheme.
We are taking positive action to ensure that we can attract, recruit and retain the best talent and would welcome more applicants from under - represented groups to support the Trusts commitment to a diverse, inclusive and an employer of choice workforce.
All staff at Medway comply the Trust's and the Kent and Medway Safeguarding Board's policies on safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
The post holder will be responsible for:
Delivering the day to day systems and processes to support effective health & safety across the Trust, providing support and information to staff to deliver trust wide systems and processes.
Supporting a culture that improves quality by enabling the delivery of high quality care through the effective identification of lessons/areas for improvement and promotion of learning as a result of data analysis and investigation, using audit and evaluation cycles to seek assurance.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Educated to degree level or higher, or relevant experience in the field of quality, quality assurance and compliance
- Evidence of continuing professional development
- Membership with the Institute of Safety and Health (IOSH) at Technical Level (TechIOSH)
- NEBOSH National General Certificate, or NEBOSH National Certificate in Fire Safety, (or equivalent) is desirable
- 6502 Award in Education and Training (formerly PTLLS) or equivalent is desirable.
- Knowledge of using a database and making judgements about the data entered
- Understanding of the healthcare environment in both acute and community settings is desirable
- Knowledge of risk management is desirable
- Working knowledge of Data Protection issues is desirable
- Knowledge of the principles of auditing and of developing audit proposals is desirable
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience of working to deadlines and managing processes to deadlines
- Experience of producing reports and analysing data
- Experience of reporting against Performance indicators and quality metrics
- Experience of providing information in a clear and concise manner
- Experience of working in an NHS environment
Medway NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Medway Maritime Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.