The dietetic team at Hywel Dda University Health Board is seeking an Acute Experienced Dietitian to work within the well established Nutrition support team at Bronglais General Hospital, Aberystwyth.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the dynamic and forward thinking nutrition support team focusing on achieving excellent nutritional care for people in hospital.
The post is advertised as a Band 6 however applicants who do not currently meet the skills and competencies for the Band 6 role are encouraged to apply and if successful will be appointed under annex 21 rules supported by a development plan for 1 year. During the first year payment will be 75% of the top rate of Band 6 pay (subject to criteria within the development plan being met). Following successful completion and successful attainment of skills and competencies for the post the postholder will then be paid at the full band 6 (minimum point on the scale following usual pay steps). Continued support and supervision will be provided to develop the practitioner to the Band 6 role. This will be an excellent development opportunity for a Band 5 looking for career development. Failure to achieve the competencies in the designated timeframe could result in re-deployment.Main duties of the job
The post-holder will carry a complex caseload of acute patients on the surgical wards including supporting delivery of the critical care unit and will work alongside our acute, and community leads and Strategic lead for Malnutrition to embed nutrition /hydration as part of the patient pathway.
The post-holder will also be involved in the delivery of monthly nutritional support clinics and will demonstrate a good understanding of the role of nutrition in health care, be an excellent communicator, a team player and be prepared to undertake further learning and development to fulfil the scope and requirements of this role including the opportunity to develop extended skills in feeding techniques supported by our clinical leads and CNS nutrition nurses.
Training and education will be a central part of this role as well as supporting student training and the development and implementation of our Dietetic Assistant Practitioner roles.
The successful applicant will become an integral member of the dietetic team working to ensure optimal nutritional care for patients as a key determinant of recovery and outcome.
We are open to considering flexible working, supporting you to achieve a good work - life balance and high job satisfactionAbout us
Hywel Dda University Health Board is the planner and provider of NHS healthcare services for people in Carmarthenshire, Ceredigion, Pembrokeshire and its bordering counties. Our 11,000 members of staff provide primary, community, in-hospital, mental health and learning disabilities services for around 384,000 people across a quarter of the landmass of Wales. We do this in partnership with our three local authorities and public, private and third sector colleagues, including our volunteers, through:
Four main hospitals: Bronglais General in Aberystwyth, Glangwili General in Carmarthen, Prince Philip in Llanelli and Withybush General in Haverfordwest
Seven community hospitals: Amman Valley and Llandovery in Carmarthenshire Tregaron, Aberaeron and Cardigan in Ceredigion and Tenby and South Pembrokeshire Hospital Health and Social Care Resource Centre in Pembrokeshire
48 general practices (four of which are managed practices), 47 dental practices (including three orthodontic), 99 community pharmacies, 44 general ophthalmic practices (43 providing Eye Health Examination Wales and 34 low vision services) and 17 domiciliary only providers and 11 health centres
Numerous locations providing mental health and learning disabilities services
Highly specialised and tertiary services commissioned by the Welsh Health Specialised Services Committee, a joint committee representing seven health boards across Wales.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
You will be able to find a full job description and person specification attached within the supporting documents.
The Health Board is committed to supporting its staff to fully embrace the need for bilingualism thereby enhancing patient and service user experiences. In our commitment to increase the number of staff who are able to communicate in Welsh with patients and professionals, we welcome applications from Welsh speakers.
The ability to communicate in Welsh is desirable for this post. If you do not meet the Welsh Language requirements specified, the Health Board offers a variety of learning options and staff support to help you meet these minimal desirable requirements during the course of your employment with us.
Interviews will be held on 11/10/2023.Person SpecificationQualifications and KnowledgeEssential
- Recognised degree in dietetics
- H.P.C. Registration
- Evidence of attendance on accredited post graduate diploma level specialist courses and, or advanced training in relation to dietetics
- Demonstrates consolidated clinical dietetic knowledge and skills in the field of Clinical Dietetics
- Has developed specialist knowledge as evidenced by dietetics qualification and additional formal learning/demonstrable experience in adult acute and community dietetics
- Skills in behavioural approaches including motivational interviewing
- Demonstrates good knowledge of, and ability to apply, evidence base in relation to dietetic practice and development of practice
- Critical appraisal skills - Knowledge of current and emerging evidence base, national and professional policy, guidance and best practice in the delivery and development of the specialist area of dietetic work
- Well established clinical problem solving skills
- Demonstrates effective organisational skills including prioritisation of workload, effective caseload management and delegation of tasks
- Well established teaching and presentation skills
- Clinical supervisory skills training
- Other professional, technical or academic qualification which relate to area of clinical Dietetic practice
- Demonstrable experience in adult dietetics
- Experience of working in acute and community settings to deliver dietetic care
- Evidence of working as part of multi-disciplinary teams
- Experience of teaching other health care staff
- Evidence of involvement in development work in dietetic services e.g. audit, implementing a change in practice, delivering a new dietetic intervention
- Experience of clinical audit
- Experience of delivery of patient group Education
Language SkillsDesirable Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience of delegating work to and supporting or supervising support workers, students, junior dietetic staff
- Experience of service change
- Experience of research
- Experience of delivering project work
Hywel Dda University Health BoardAddress
Bronglais General Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.