This is a fantastic opportunity to join the cancer prehabilitation team at the beginning of this exciting new service. This is an exciting time for AHPs in CTMUHB. We are looking for visionary team members at all levels to guide and implement service development, to be implemented at pace to enable the vision of supporting people in CTMUHB to achieve their maximum potential - physically, cognitively, socially and psychologically. (AHP Framework, 2019).Main duties of the job
You will be an integral part of the new team comprising Dietitian, SLT, Physio, and OT as core but also the wider multi-disciplinary team involving CNS, Diagnostic, Surgical and Oncological teams. You will be an innovative thinker, able to lead on a new project, work autonomously and as part of a team and a skill for collecting and analysing data.The right candidate will have a strong team ethos and will value the importance of involving the clinical teams as an integral part of this service development. The candidate will be supported in experiencing excellent opportunities for cross discipline working. There will also be opportunities in delivering education and development for junior staff, support workers and student dietitians.
Additionally, your career progression is important to us and CTM has an excellent L& D offer as well as support for external learning. Your wellbeing matters to us and we are proud of the work our wellbeing champions do across therapies and the range of activities that are on offer.
The ability to speak Welsh is desirable for this post Welsh and/or English speakers are equally welcome to apply.About us
Cwm Taf Morgannwg University Health Board is part of the NHS Wales family. Our Health Board provides primary, secondary and community health and wellbeing services to around 450,000 people living in three County Boroughs: Bridgend, Merthyr Tydfil and Rhondda Cynon Taf.
We live by our core values:
- We listen, learn and improve
- We treat everyone with respect
- We all work together as one team
We are a proud local employer around 80% of our 15000 workforce live within our region, making our staff not only our lifeblood of our organisation but of the diverse communities that we serve.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
You will be able to find a full Job description and Person Specification attached within the supporting documents or please click Apply now to view in TracPerson SpecificationQualifications and/or KnowledgeEssential
- BSc, Nutrition and Dietetics or equivalent dietetic qualification with state registration.
- MSc or its equivalent level of knowledge and advanced post graduate training/experience in specialist clinical dietetics.
- Registered with Health Care Professions Council (HCPC).
- Evidence of post graduate study to diploma level or ongoing CPD in relevant specialism.
- Evidence of a commitment to ongoing continuous professional development.
- Evidence of or qualification in research and audit.
- Evidence of clinical supervision.
- Understanding of professional ethics and their application in practice.
- Detailed specialist clinical dietetic knowledge of nutrition support.
- Knowledge of the requirements of clinical governance.
- Knowledge of health issues affecting the local population and strategies in place to support improvement in these areas.
- Knowledge of health and safety.
- Member of the British Dietetic Association.
- Member of BDA specialist interest groups or equivalent specialist interest group e.g. PENG, BAPEN.
- Management qualification or evidence of management development.
- Clinical supervisory skills training or Advanced Clinical Educators Course.
- Clinical experience in specialist dietetics at a senior level.
- Demonstrates evidence based specialist clinical knowledge.
- Experience of working as part of a clinical team to deliver patient and organisational objectives.
- Experience of conducting clinical audit and or research.
- Experience of clinical supervision of students and junior staff.
- Experience of organising and implementing training programmes for staff, patients and students.
- Practical experience of human resource management, supervision and mentoring.
- Sufficient postgraduate experience in area of speciality.
Aptitude and AbilitiesEssential
- Experience in operational management/leadership.
- Demonstrates highly developed motivational and negotiating skills to effect change
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Able to gather, assimilate, appropriately apply and present complex data information.
- An ability to communicate complex information to NHS colleagues and partners in external organisations at a national and international level.
- Clinical supervision skills.
- Demonstrates critical appraisal skills.
- Ability to focus on research and project objectives and to deliver on these.
- Able to maintain effective working relationships with relevant stakeholders.
- Able to reflect and appraise own performance and that of others.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Computer literate with good keyboard skills.
- Excellent organisational and analytical skills.
- Behaviour change/motivational interviewing skills.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Proven ability of practicing nutrition and dietetics in a wide variety of environments.
- Resource management skills.
- Leadership skills.
- The ability to speak or learn Welsh to a satisfactory level.
Cwm Taf Morgannwg University Health BoardAddress
Royal Glamorgan Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.