This is an exciting prospect for an motivated and enthusiastic, highly Specialised Cardiac Physiologist to join our clinic at a time of further growth and development. The successful candidate will be responsible for the day-to-day clinical running of the Non-Invasive service and the further development of this facility to ensure we are at the forefront of evolving diagnostic strategies.
The team operates a flexible shift working pattern to meet the needs of the clinic (8am - 8pm) while maintaining a positive work/life balance for employees. The clinic is based in the bustling Bond Street/Oxford street area, with easy commuter access and a wide variety of restaurants/shops in close proximity.Main duties of the job
The non-invasive department is a small team, responsible for pacing checks, Ambulatory monitoring and stress testing.
Main duties of the position include but not limited to Holter/event fitting and analysis. Performance and leading of ETT/CPET tests.
Assisting with or undertaking Pacemaker/ICD/CRT device checks.About us
Royal Brompton & Harefield Hospitals is the UK's largest post-graduate specialist heart and lung centre, with an international reputation as a centre of excellence. In February 2021, The Royal Brompton and Harefield joined Guys and St Thomas' bringing together world leading expertise in the care and research of heart and lung disease.
In 2016, the trust launched its private outpatient and diagnostic facility located in the Harley Street medical area. Our private care services are built on the dedication of NHS services at Royal Brompton and Harefield hospitals, which have a long history of advancing heart and lung care. Stories of innovation, collaboration and progress that continue today with our world-class consultants and services.
The Trust offers a supportive and respectful environment providing you with the opportunity to develop your skills in a progressive and expanding organisation and supporting your career development by offering internal and external training opportunities.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
To perform a range of non-invasive cardiology investigations including but not limited to:
Person SpecificationEducation and qualificationsEssential
- Holter/event monitoring and analysis
- Exercise Tolerance Testing
- Cardio-Pulmonary Exercise Testing
- ILR, Pacemaker, Experience of ICD and CRTD/P device follow up checks including remote monitoring ( desirable)
- Performs stock rotation and orders where necessary to meet sufficient par levels
- Manage the daily running and operation of non-invasive service dealing with any staff or patient related enquires both clinical or non-clinical when required.
- BSc Clinical Physiology (PTP or older style BSc) or recognised equivalent qualifications with knowledge & experience.
- At least 3 year post qualification experience
Experience and knowledgeEssential
- BHRS/IBHRE accreditation
- Immediate Life Support (ILS)
- RCCP/HCPC registered/eligible
- Experience in wide range of non-invasive techniques involved in assessment and therapy provision for patients with cardiac disease, including but not limited to CPET, ETT, Holter /event monitor fitting and analysis.
- Experience of ILR/Pacemaker/ICD and CRTD/P follow up
Skills and AbilitiesEssential
- Independent ILR/PPM/ICD/CRT follow up
- Previous remote monitoring experience
- Technical skills enabling measurement and analysis of physiological parameters.
- Prior Experience of Pacenet ( Pacing database).
- Understanding of stock rotation and ordering.
- Ability to work within a team and independently
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Empathy with both staff and patients
- Understanding of other people or department needs.
Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.