An opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic and motivated Finance Professional to join Hampshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust's Financial Planning and Analysis team supporting the Research and Development and Private Patients departments. This position reports to the Divisional Finance Manager and has line management responsibility for an Assistant Management Accountant.
Reporting to the Divisional Finance Manager the post holder will provide a comprehensive financial and performance management service to the R& D and Private Patient departments, as well as supporting the wider team on trust wide tasks and improvement projects.
The successful candidate will have strong analytical skills and be an effective communicator with the ability to work independently when required, often to tight deadlines. You will have the ability to change priorities and work under pressure whilst maintaining adherence to accuracy.Main duties of the job
The Assistant Finance Manager will support the Divisional Finance Manager, providing a comprehensive financial and performance management service to the Private Patients and Research and Development departments, and at a Trust level.
The role includes specific responsibility for the regular reporting of financial performance management information, supporting the Divisional Finance Managers in the annual financial planning and budget setting process for the Divisions. It will support with the development of business cases and the development and reporting of efficiency savings.
The Assistant Finance Manager will have responsibility for improving trust wide management accounts processes and driving improvement throughout the FP& A department through improved training and effective business partnering. The post holder will be involved in various projects such as the migration of internal financial reporting systems. The Assistant Finance Manager may deputise for the Divisional Finance Managers as and when required. The Assistant Financial Manager will manage one member of support staff to deliver Divisional financial and performance objectives.
To be expected to work independently and pro-actively, using their own initiative.About us
Hampshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust serves a population of approximately 570,000 people across Hampshire and parts of West Berkshire. Our hospital sites are in Basingstoke, Winchester and Andover. Our vision is to provide outstanding care for every patient.
Working for HHFT offers a rewarding career, nationally agreed terms and conditions and a range of additional benefits as part of our reward package.
You would be joining a vibrant and enthusiastic Financial Planning and Analysis team at a challenging and interesting time with financial recovery and sustainability a priority. Alongside the wider Finance department our teams are based at the Basingstoke site but currently benefit from hybrid working arrangements and are expected at times to travel to one of our other two sites.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Further information about the Trust and this role can be found on the Job Description and Person Specification attached.Person SpecificationSkills & AbilityEssential
- Manipulation of complex information using a range of skills and techniques
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to change priorities and switch from one complex activity to another
- Confident in making quick and informed decisions
- Able to explain complex financial information to non-financial members of staff
Experience & KnowledgeEssential
- Negotiation skills
- Advanced spreadsheet skills
- Experience of developing plans, forecasts and delivery of financial targets
- Experience of developing and tracking Cost Improvement Plans
Training & QualificationsEssential
- Public Sector Experience
- Understanding of NHS Finance legislation and practice
- Business Case preparation
- Experience of working across disciplines
- Staff Management experience
- Successful completion of a relevant financial / accounting qualification at a level to gain CCAB membership eg post grad level
- Evidence of continued CPD
- Up to date knowledge of Accounting Standards
Other Specific RequirementsEssential
- 1-2 years post qualification experience
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to self-manage workload
- Ability to work under pressure and maintain adherence to accuracy
Hampshire Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Basingstoke & North Hampshire Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.