Staff Nurse - Abbotsbury Ward
Abbotsbury is a GOLD accredited multi-speciality ward with a team dedicated to improving the quality of care for our patients.
We care for patients from a range of specialities including gastroenterology, surgery and general medicine. Many of our patients have complex care needs and we adapt our skills to meet the ever-changing needs of the NHS.
We are a high-performing team and we welcome newcomers who want to share their skills and learn new ones. If you enjoy teamwork and have a positive 'can do' attitude then we would love to hear from you.
We are happy to consider applications from candidates due to qualify in the next 6 months.
We are committed to providing you with the skills you require to work in this exciting environment and the successful candidate will be mentored and supported with opportunities to further their career.
If you possess good organisational & interpersonal skills, enjoy working as part of a team and are willing to adapt and implement change, we would love to hear from you.Main duties of the job
- To assess, plan, implement and evaluate the care of patients whilst promoting safe, effective and timely discharge.
- To contribute towards the smooth running and development of the department through effective teamwork and delegation.
- To maintain patient safety by conducting risk assessments, infection control protocols and care plans promptly.
- To contribute to a learning environment, coaching students and sharing skills with other staff.
- To contribute to the cleanliness and tidiness of the ward environment adhering to ward protocols.
- To work within codes of practice and professional guidelines.
At DCHFT, we pride ourselves on the care we provide for our patients, and on the culture, we are creating for our staff. We work hard to create a fair, inclusive environment for our staff
Our Mission is to provide outstanding care for people in ways which matter to them, and our vision is Dorset County Hospital, working with our health and social care partners, will be at the heart of improving the well-being of our communities.
We are a Trust that celebrates diversity, and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We welcome applications from people in all under-represented groups.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Our DCHFT Job Description and Person Specification (attached) tells you all about this role, what to expect and what is needed to succeed. When completing your application please make sure to tell us how your experience and skills fit the person specification.
Please contact us at Recruitment@dchft.nhs.uk if you are unable to view or download the attachment.
For all our roles, we are looking for staff who hold our Trust Values of Integrity, Respect Teamwork and Excellence, and who are passionate about providing the best patient care. To read more about our Trust and our Values search Dorset County Hospital online.Person SpecificationEDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS & TREssential Desirable EXPERIENCEEssential
SKILLS, ABILITIES & KNOWLEDGEEssential
- Recent & relevant post registration acute experience.
- Understanding of professional nursing issues.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Evidence of ability to practice as competent practitioner.
- Evidence of ability to maintain effective working relationships with colleagues, patients and visitors.
- Evidence of an ability to manage time effectively.
- Understanding of clinical governance and its requirements in relation to improving quality of care
- Ability to manage a group of patients and to delegate effectively
Dorset County Hospital NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Dorset County Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.