Are you a final year Physiotherapy student or a qualified Physiotherapist who is looking for the next opportunity as a Band 5 Physiotherapist in Dorset?
Do you have excellent communication skills, a professional and flexible approach and a strong skill base to provide high quality care for our patients?
We are looking to recruit a motivated, enthusiastic and forward thinking Band 5 Physiotherapist to join the Alderney Therapy Team within Dorset Healthcare University NHS Foundation Trust.
This is a full time role, 37.5 hours per week. Weekend and Bank Holiday working will be required.
We can offer you:
Post graduation Preceptorship Programme
Profession specific training
Continuing Professional Development and Training opportunities
The opportunity to learn from highly skilled therapists within collaborative therapy teams
Supportive, friendly therapy teams
Peer support from existing Band 5s
Values based Appraisal
An opportunity to help shape serviceMain duties of the job
The main duties of this job include:
Inpatient Community Rehabilitation at Alderney Hospital for older adults.
Rehabilitation of older people, to include mobility progression and exercise provision.
Discharge planning to ensure appropriate support and equipment provision on discharge, alongside Occupational Therapy Colleagues.
Supervision of student physiotherapists.
Employment in this post requires an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check, which the Trust will cover the cost of. Applicants who subscribe to the DBS update service are able to present a valid DBS certificate instead of requiring a new check.About us
At Dorset HealthCare we're on a mission to empower people to make the most of their lives through our outstanding, joined-up healthcare services. We're a dynamic, forward-looking Trust, running 12 community hospitals, specialist inpatient facilities and a wide range of integrated community and mental health services for a population of almost 800,000 people.
We do things differently here - it's one of the reasons the CQC rated us 'outstanding' in 2019. It's also why 95% of patients across our services say they have a good or very good experience of our services and 89% of staff feel they can really make a difference. Whether you're looking to work with us in one of our bustling market towns, vibrant urban locations, thriving seaside spots, or among the rolling hills of Dorset, there are lots of ways you can make a difference in our communities.
Our 7,000-strong workforce is at the heart of what we do and our success is a testament to our brilliant people. We're all about building a workplace for the future, we believe in equal opportunities and we celebrate diversity. We're an inclusive workplace, where everyone is welcome, everyone can be authentic, and we are all encouraged to be the best version of ourselves.
Working with us you'll be part of a strong team, challenge yourself, build a career, and teach us what we don't know. And you'll be working towards our vision to be better every day through excellence, compassion and expertise in all we do.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
For the main duties and responsibilities for this role please read the attached job description and person specification. When completing your application please ensure your supporting statement reflects the criteria set out in these documents by showing how your experience and skills apply to this post. As part of our vision to have a skilled, diverse and caring workforce, Dorset HealthCare is working in partnership with The Princes Trust to support people getting into work, as part of this partnership, we are offering an employability service to support individuals between 16-30 years old with application writing, interview skills and other employment support. If you would like or know of anyone who would value this support please do contact email@example.comPerson SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- oPre reg Degree in Physiotherapy either BSc(Hons) or MSc (Hons)
- State Registered (HCPC).
- oMember of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy
- oMember of a clinical interest group
- oAttendance at relevant pre/post registration courses
- Student experience/placements in the following areas: o Musculoskeletal OP o Orthopaedics, o Neurology o Elderly care, o ITU/Respiratory Medicine o Acute medicine. o Awareness of the physiotherapist's role within the MDT.
- Experience working within a care setting
- Supervision of assistant staff
- oInvolvement in audit or quality improvement projects
- UK Licence and use of a car for work purposes - business insurance
- Ability to demonstrate organisational values and behaviours o Good interpersonal skills o Good written and verbal skills o Ability to organise and prioritise o Able to work within a multi-disciplinary team (MDT) o Committed to personal development o Motivation, drive, enthusiasm and confidence o Flexibility, empathy, reliability o Problem solving skills
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Knowledge of the Physiotherapy process, its application in clinical practice and its role within the organisation. o Broad and relevant clinical knowledge of physical conditions and their appropriate treatment modalities. o Awareness of National Service Frameworks and Clinical Governance. o Understanding and application of Evidence Based Practice. o Application of risk assessments and considerations in practice.
Dorset HealthCare University NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.