FIXED TERM 1 YEAR Brief Description of the Role:
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a full time research nurse in the Patient Recruitment Centre, BRI.. This is an exciting post within Bradford Teaching Hospitals and a great opportunity for expanding knowledge and experience of respiratory clinical research.
The post holder will work within the PRC and be responsible for the co-ordination and support of clinical research trial portfolios as required. The post holder must have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal and good organisational skills. Must be willing to travel between sites if necessary.
The post involves working closely with multidisciplinary teams and will involve the collection and documentation of accurate data. The post holder will take part in all aspects of clinical trials, including phlebotomy, ECGs, observationsand history taking, assessing and managing the care pathways of patients and carers, educating and supporting them and acting as their advocate at all times.
The post also involves Educating patients and training relevant health care workers regarding trial protocols.Main duties of the job Summary of most important Experience/Skills/Qualifications required:
Will need to undertake GCP training. Communication skills, excellent record keeping. Informal Enquiries to: Karen Regan Mobile: 07956358351 Office: 01274 383383 (no answer machine) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We can offer staff gymnasiums on both hospital sites, excellent pension scheme and advice on childcare. Closing Date: 29.09.23 (This date may change dependent on the response)About us
At Bradford Teaching Hospitals we're passionate about providing outstanding care for the people of the Bradford district and communities across the North of England. We're keen to meet people interested in sharing our passion and helping us continue to deliver the highest quality of care to our patients.
We're a renowned teaching hospital trust at the forefront of research, education and development, with a state-of-the-art simulation and skills training centre on site.
In short, we can help you lift your career to the next level. We've received huge investment to improve patient care which means we have truly world-class facilities including a brand new neonatal suite, state-of-the-art intensive care unit, a newly refurbished A& E department, new children's unit and a welcoming, modern atrium and reception area for staff and visitors.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please refer to the attached Job Description and Person Specification for more information about the role.Person SpecificationExperienceEssential
- Demonstrable, recent nursing experience either as student or qualified nurse
- Experience of dealing with challenging situations
- Some experience of audit/project management
- Phlebotomy skills
- IT skills including - Microsoft word, outlook, excel and internet explorer
- Excellent organisation skills - including time management, staff and resource management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate with range of participants
- Ability to interpret and communicate provide complex information in lay terms
- Understanding of research processes
- Registered Nurse - Level 1
- Diploma/Degree in Nursing or equivalent experience
- Teaching/Mentoring certificate/skills
- Good clinical practice (GCP) trained
- Responsible for own post basic education to meet requirements of NMC Revalidation and NIHR CRN
- Ability to work in various locations throughout the Trust, as required, and be able to carry out the physical elements of the post e.g. prolonged computer work and phlebotomy.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Current driving licence and access to a vehicle to carry out home visits as necessary
Bradford Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.