FULL TIME FIXED TERM FOR 12 MONTHS
This is an exciting opportunity for qualified nurses to gain experience working in a Health Visiting team, with a view to applying for Health Visiting training after 12 months.
The successful applicant will receive a learning and development package of support with opportunities to develop skills and knowledge alongside health visitors and a skill mix team to leave them well placed to apply for the SCPHN course.Main duties of the job
You will be delivering evidence based interventions as per the Healthy Child Programme 0-5 years. You will be expected to work on your own initiative at times as well as under direct supervision of a Health Visitor or Caseloadholder .
You will be working as part of Stockport Family which is an integrated Service supporting and improving outcomes for children and families. Health Visiting teams are part of Family Hub neighbourhood Teams working with all partners around the child and their family.About usWe hold a unique position in the Stockport community as the provider of healthcare and we are one of its largest employers. Our mission is to make a difference every day. Our values are that we care, we respect, and we listen We believe that the best organisations are those that reflect the communities they serve. We are therefore seeking to improve the diversity of our workforce to make it truly representative of our local population. We actively encourage applications irrespective of race, age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marriage & civil partnership, or pregnancy or maternity. Recognising those communities that are underrepresented within our workforce, we would particularly welcome applications from you. We recognise that flexible working is important. We take requests for flexible working seriously, consider any request we receive and try to work with you, so we can explore if your request may fit with the needs of the service. The salary for the role is only one part of the excellent package of benefits we offer to you:
Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Between 27-33 days of annual leave plus bank holidays
- NHS pension scheme membership
- Salary sacrifice schemes for lease cars, home electronics and more, to make your salary go further
- NHS Staff discounts
- Cycle to work scheme
- Salary finance - for loans, savings, budget planning and tips on managing debt
- Stockport Credit Union- for local financial advice
Successful candidates will require excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to be adaptable, reliable and approachable and an effective team player. In addition, you will need to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of issues affecting children and families and how Health Visiting Services work with families.
Applicants must demonstratehow they meet the person specification on the job description
If successful, this vacancy will require an enhanced DBS check at a cost of �41.90. This cost will be deducted from your first Trust salary. In addition to this it will be a condition of your employment that you will join the DBS update service and pay the annual subscription fee of �13.
The Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment and promote safeguarding by implementing the Trusts policies and procedures, acting promptly on concerns, communicating effectively and sharing information appropriatelyPerson SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Registered Nurse
- Degree in relevant subject
- English and maths GCSE or equivalent
- Paediatric or mental health nurse qualification
- Knowledge of Nursing and evidence based practice
- Knowledge of Healthy Child Programme
- Knowledge of Child Development, Health and Well-Being in the Early Years
- Awareness of health inequalities and impact on individuals and communities.
- Knowledge of Child Protection Procedures
- Awareness of parental mental and potential impact on infants and children
- Awareness of SEND and potential impact on infants and children and their family
- Evidence of post registration professional development
- Research Community Projects
- Implementation of evidence based practice
- Community Nursing
- Working with children in community setting
- Health promotion/public health
- Multi-agency liaison working
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Team working
- Ability to work independently
- Communication skills at appropriate level
- Negotiation skills
- Reflective Practitioner
Stockport NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.