Ward 2 is a 22 bedded ward specialising in diabetes at the Alexandra hospital.
On ward 2 it is advantageous to have an interest in diabetes. A background of caring for patients with diabetes would also be beneficial. Given the ongoing pandemic we require a candidate with a good understanding of infection control and meticulous infection control standards.
There are many opportunities to learn while working on Ward 2, we are a busy ward and as a result, we have developed a positive team to support and guide each other. We are a welcoming, friendly team and work closely together as a multi-disciplinary team to obtain the best outcomes for our patients. We have a good relationship with our medics, occupational therapist, physiotherapists, specialist nursing teams and onward care team. We have a strong communication network which ensures all staff are kept up to date of current issues on the ward and pride ourselves on promoting a positive ward environment which includes sharing feedback/cards received from patients and their relatives.If you would like to arrange an informal visit or have any questions, please contact Donna Cremin on 01527 503030.Main duties of the job
- Using your clinical experience and skills you will work with your team as a named nurse to maintain accountability for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating programmes of care within the framework of team nursing.
- Acting with compassion you will put patients at the centre of all you do.
- You will communicate effectively with patients and their carers regarding their care and educate patients where there is a need.
- You will communicate effectively with the Multi-Disciplinary Team to ensure high quality patient care.
- You will show commitment to sustaining and developing your clinical competence and professional awareness.
- You will provide supervision, support and education to unqualified staff and students.
- This role will require you to work variable hours in order to fulfil the needs of the ward.
- You will show courage by embracing new ways of working and doing the right thing by the people you care for, including speaking up when you have concerns.
Our purpose is simple - Putting Patients First. We are looking for exceptional colleagues who can help us achieve this.
Worcestershire Acute Hospitals NHS Trust is a large acute and specialised hospital trust that provides a range of local acute services to the residents of Worcestershire and more specialised services to a larger population in Herefordshire and beyond.
The Trust operates hospital-based services from three sites in Kidderminster, Redditch and Worcester
Our workforce is nearly 6,800 strong, and our caring staff are recognised as providing good and outstanding patient-centred care. You could be one of them.
We are committed to recruiting the best people to work with us to achieve our Vision - working in partnership to provide the best healthcare for our communities, leading and supporting our teams to move 4ward. Our 4ward behaviours, which we ask all staff to demonstrate, underpin our everyday work and remain firmly at the heart of all we do.
Our objectives are simple:
- Best services for local people
- Best experience of care and best outcomes for our patients
- Best use of resources
- Best people
Better never stops, and our Clinical Services Strategy provides a clear future vision for our Trust, our hospitals, our services and our role in the wider health and care system.We are proud to have achieved Timewise accreditation - this means we are committed to embedding flexible working within our organisation as a flex positive employer.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential Employer detailsEmployer name
- You will develop, implement and evaluate the programmes of care including discharge planning for each patient.
- You will safeguard vulnerable adults.
- You will participate in preceptorship programmes as appropriate and act as a facilitator / mentor / preceptor / role model to less experienced staff.
- You will educate patients and their careers as required where a need has been identified, including information on a adopting a healthier lifestyle.
- You will complete patient documentation correctly.
- You will communicate effectively with patients, carers and members of the Multi-Disciplinary Team.
- You will be responsible for developing and sustaining own knowledge, clinical skills and professional awareness in accordance with PREP requirements and to maintain a professional portfolio with evidence of reflective practice.
- You will assist in the training and development of student nurses and health care assistants and complete assessors training as required.
- You will contribute to research and development programmes within the ward / department.
- You will contribute to the setting and monitoring of measurable standards of care and be accountable for maintaining standards.
- You will participate in handling complaints in accordance with Trust policy.
- You will maintain a safe clean ward environment and ensure all appropriate general risk assessments are carried out within 24 hours of admission document and plan care accordingly e.g. manual handling, pressure risks, slips trips and falls, nutrition, safeguarding.
- You will assist in the assessment of staffing requirements, report problems to the appropriate manager.
- In the absence of a more senior member of staff and as part of your development programme, with support, will be able to undertake clinical / shift management within the department.
Worcestershire Acute Hospitals NHS TrustAddress
The Alexandra Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.