The Operational Manager is responsible for promoting the vision and values of Salisbury NHS Foundation Trust, leading by example and ensuring that they demonstrate those values in their leadership behaviours and how we support our teams and deliver our services.
We are changing the way we manage our operations within the Surgery and Medical Divisions which now means we have exciting opportunities to join the teams as Operational Managers.
Working in these areas we want you to be passionate about what you do, vibrant and be able to work in a fast-paced environment. Working alongside the local triumvirate to ensure we provide the high-quality care for our patients.
The successful candidates should be prepared to receive and provide complex, and confidential information daily.
Contact: email@example.com / 07500 058 419Main duties of the job
The Operational Manager is responsible for delivering the Trust's Strategy, within their area of responsibility, incorporating the following:
- Delivery and achievement of key performance targets which include RTT, cancer waiting times, DM01 Diagnostic Standards, Trust 4 Hour Performance, Finance and Audits.
- Undertake information/project analysis and participate in relevant work streams and priorities for the service.
- Support the implementation of process and pathways, in accordance with the agreed priorities of the
- To ensure that digital technologies underpin the way services are delivered at present and in the future and to drive all aspects of innovation and service improvement, across all settings
- The Operations Manager will be responsible for all aspects of operational performance within their allocated areas of the Division whilst maintaining quality standards and for ensuring the implementation and maintenance of good governance arrangements
On joining the Trust, we will support you through an intensive 4 week training programme that covers everything we think you will need to know so you can hit the ground running.About us
Salisbury NHS Foundation Trust (SFT) is an innovative hospital with a proud heritage and over 250 years of experience behind us. Here we're driven to deliver an outstanding experience for everyone and have been well regarded for the quality of care and treatment we continue to provide for our patients and also our staff.
We are an acute Trust, rated Good by the CQC, with a track record of high performance providing regional and super regional specialist services such as: Burns, Plastics & Reconstructive Surgery, Wessex Regional Genetics Laboratory, Wessex Rehabilitation, Spires Cleft Centre and the Duke of Cornwall Spinal Treatment Centre. We have about 470 beds and employ over 4000 staff.
We support flexible working and will consider requests taking into account the needs of the service. We think working here is pretty rewarding. You can access a range of NHS discounts, receive a minimum of 35 days paid holiday (pro rata), and we offer a generous pension scheme. On-site benefits include car parking (fee applies), leisure centre, day nursery and holiday play scheme.
Salisbury is an attractive place to live and work and really gives you the best of everything. With easy access to London and local airports, the city of Southampton is only a short train or car journey away or if you prefer the sea, Bournemouth is also accessible. Don't just take our word for it, why not explore what Salisbury has to offer by visiting www.experiencesalisbury.co.ukJob descriptionJob responsibilities
For more detail and information about the main duties of this role, please see the attached job description.Person SpecificationEducation, Qualifications and TrainingEssential
- 5 GCESEs or O Levels, including: Maths & English
- Evidence of continued professional development (CPD)
- Degree or equivalent experience
- Management qualification
- Use of Lorenzo, CRIS, Power BI
- Experience in service and operational management/leadership at a senior level
- Strategic planning, business planning, project management, service development implementation.
- Dealing with staff problems and patient complaints etc. at a senior level.
- Experience of delivering training for staff from a range of professions.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience of performance management
- Experience in developing Business Cases
- Experience of workforce planning and development
Salisbury NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Salisbury NHS Foundation Trust
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.