An opportunity to become a member of the Urology Nursing team has arisen. This post would be suitable for a Band 5 nurse wishing to start their journey into a specialist nursing role or an experienced nurse looking to move to Urology.
The post is a band 5/6 depending on experience. This will be discussed at the interview, as ongoing training would be offered for people without the knowledge/experience for a band 6 role.
The post will be set in the Outpatient department of Dorset County Hospital, there may be occasions where remote working can be identified.Main duties of the job
Working with a wide range of Urology patients, with a focus on cancer and patients who have undergone or about to embark on oncology treatments.
There will also be aspects of the role to engage with patients with benign urology conditions.
Work closely with the Urology Multi-disciplinary team within the trust and the wider Urology network. Active involvement in the diagnosis, investigations, treatment and follow up of patients with cancer, providing continuity of care and improving the quality of life for this patient group.About us
At DCHFT, we pride ourselves on the care we provide for our patients, and on the culture, we are creating for our staff. We work hard to create a fair, inclusive environment for our staff.
Our Mission is to provide outstanding care for people in ways which matter to them, and our vision is Dorset County Hospital, working with our health and social care partners, will be at the heart of improving the well-being of our communities.
We are a Trust that celebrates diversity, and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We welcome applications from people in all under-represented groups.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Our DCHFT Job Description and Person Specification (attached) tells you all about this role, what to expect and what is needed to succeed. When completing your application please make sure to tell us how your experience and skills fit the person specification.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are unable to view or download the attachment.
For all our roles, we are looking for staff who hold our Trust Values of Integrity, Respect Teamwork and Excellence, and who are passionate about providing the best patient care. To read more about our Trust and our Values search Dorset County Hospital online.Person SpecificationEducation, QualificationsEssential
Desirable Knowledge and ExperienceEssential
- oRGN with current NMC registration
- Further education post registration at degree level or equivalent
Skills and AbilitiesEssential
- Evidence of development of nursing practice/service delivery and independent management of a caseload
- Evidence of resource management and clinical governance
- Evidence of development of guidelines, patient assessment forms and patient information literature.
- Evidence of working with Urology Patients.
- Skills, Abilities and Knowledge
- Evidence of management of clinical audit of conservative service and patient experience surveys
- Ability to provide advice to junior nursing and medical staff on clinical issue.
- Must demonstrate trust values.
- Ability to organise and prioritise own workload.
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Able to lead, empower others and influence innovative practice and service development
- Effective decision-making skills
- Uses initiative and able to manage difficult situations
- Analytical and problem-solving approach.
- Able to maintain effectiveness and under pressure
- Ability to adapt to change within the working situation.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Be a non-medical prescriber or willing to work towards the qualification.
Dorset County Hospital NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Dorset County Hospital Foundation Trust
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.