An exciting opportunity has arisen for a highly motivated and professional individual to join the Transformation, Strategy & Improvement (TSI) team at East Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust (ESHT).
The TSI team has come together recently within ESHT and it supports the Trust in the delivery of our priority Transformation programmes and Improvement objectives. We provide a mixture of skills including expert project and programme management, as well as analytical and continuous quality improvement capabilities. We have people at a range of levels in the team, led by our Director of TSI and the Head of Transformation and Improvement but we work as a unit, sharing and using skills across the team to support key programmes.
We are seeking someone who can demonstrate excellent improvement skills (such as those used by AQUA - https://aqua.nhs.uk) robust quantitative and analytical skills (good with excel!) and the ability to turn their work into excellent written and verbal outputs. They would be working with people at all levels and in a wide range of services and locations - so need the ability to communicate effectively and with confidence as well as demonstrate Trust values and in doing so support us on our cultural journey and in embedding Continuous Quality Improvement. They will also have experience and expertise in project and programme management processes.Main duties of the job
ESHT is at the beginning of its 'Continuous Quality Improvement' journey and the TSI function will be central to that programme and its success.
The successful applicant will be expected to carry out a range of tasks, be able to self-start and work autonomously and proactively across a number on concurrent projects working flexibly to meet the overall programme or project objectives.
The main duties of the role include:
About usWe are proud to provide 'Outstanding' care and be a great place to work
- Provide proactive and effective project management support for selected transformation programmes or improvement projects, utilising advanced project management and improvement.
- Support the design, development, and documentation of project plans & milestones.
- Sustain advanced and expert skills in a range of CQI tools, methodologies and analyses to use directly in support of improvement projects (as agreed) - proactively recommending approaches and analysis be able to demonstrate the impact and benefits of their contribution.
- Provide effective, quality assured reporting on project or programme progress (using the TSI functions preferred tools and templates) and benefits realisation.
- Be prepared to upskill and train colleagues across other teams 'on the job' when supporting projects.
- Engage effectively and enthusiastically with the Trusts Continuous Quality Improvement programme, supporting the TSI function's role in driving that forward as well as acting as an ambassador and advisor, championing the CQI programme across the Trust
We provide safe, compassionate and high quality care to half a million people living or visiting East Sussex. We are one of the largest organisations in East Sussex, the only integrated provider of acute and community care in Sussex. Our extensive services are provided by 7000 + members of staff working from acute hospitals in Hastings and Eastbourne, three community hospitals in Bexhill, Rye and Uckfield, over 100 community sites and in people's own homes.
In 2020 the Care Quality Commission rated us as 'Good' overall, and 'Outstanding' for being caring and effective. The Conquest Hospital and our Community Services are rated 'Outstanding'. Eastbourne DGH rated 'Good'.
In 2020, the Trust launched its ambitious 'Building for our Future' programme. This once in a lifetime programme aims to repair, redevelop and expand our hospitals, transforming the environment in which we provide care for generations to come.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please refer to the job description attached.
If you have any questions about this position please do not hesitate to contact us.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Educated to degree level
- Masters degree in a relevant discipline or proven equivalent training and experience
- Recognised Leadership and / or Management qualification or evidence of leadership development and proven ability to perform at senior level
- Change Management Qualification e.g. LEAN/Six Sigma or equivalent experience
- Programme or Project Management qualification e.g. Managing Successful Programmes, PRINCE 2
- Substantial experience of delivering transformation and improvements
- Experience of using information for performance management and change management
- Experience of analysing and presenting complex information in report form, in discussion and in presentations to senior colleagues in multi-disciplinary and multi-agency fora, including to the public
- Experience of facilitating workshops to deliver training and/or facilitate service redesign
- Experience of working with clinical and corporate staff to define, implement and monitor service developments and change initiatives
- Experience of working in the NHS or other complex healthcare setting
- Experience of operational management in health and social care services
- Knowledge of organisational development and improvement theory, models and techniques e.g. Lean, 6 Sigma, process mapping, capacity and demand analysis, options appraisal, Plan-Do-Study-Act (PDSA), driver diagrams and stakeholder mapping
- Knowledge and understanding of the principles of stakeholder engagement
- In depth understanding of the NHS the changing environment, structures, funding mechanisms and business activities of the Trust
- Ability to analyse, evaluate and present complex information and use it to prepare verbal and written reports for wider audiences
- Able to present and negotiate on complex matters, under pressure, to secure the best outcome whilst maintaining good working relationships
- Ability to prepare and present reports to detailed specifications for Trust Board and others as requested
- Ability to work as a team member, as well as working autonomously to own initiative, using own judgement for decision making or knowing when to check for advice
- Ability to take a flexible and adaptable approach to meet competing priorities and deliver under pressure
- Possess high-level of self-awareness and understanding of impact of self on others, with ability to keep calm and manage personal feelings in stressful and highly pressurised situations
- Deals with conflict proactively and positively and maintains high level performance when faced with opposition or hostility
- Ability to adapt interpersonal behaviours to different circumstances
- Advanced ability in using ICT packages, including Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Possess high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to provide training and guidance to colleagues on change management and improvement techniques
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Evidence that personal behaviour reflects Trust values
- Reliable work record
- Highly motivated and resourceful with a flexible and adaptable approach to work
- Ability to travel independently in a timely manner between Trust sites as required in post.
East Sussex Healthcare NHS TrustAddress
Eastbourne District General Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.