Are you an experienced band 5 or existing band 6 physiotherapist with a passion for delivering high quality patient care in the MSK speciality? If so, there is an opening for you to join our dynamic team of physiotherapists, clinical specialists, advanced physiotherapy practitioners and FCPs.
As part of a friendly and supportive team, you will benefit from wide ranging learning opportunities to help consolidate your skills and advance your musculoskeletal career. We offer 6-monthly MSK rotations including gym team rheumatology and pain management. As a more senior band 6 you will have the opportunity to get more involved in Clinical Governance initiatives and to work within our MSK assessment service.
In addition to regular supervision and support from our experienced senior MSK Physiotherapists, you will have close access to Advanced Physiotherapy Practitioners working in our wider MSK service.Main duties of the job
- Undertake high quality assessments, virtually or face-to-face, for patients referred from both GPs and hospital consultants.
- Develop, implement and modify individualised treatment programmes, using a person centred 'What matters to You?' approach to management.
- Support self-management and promote lifestyle changes including onward referral to support services
- Be responsible for your own clinical caseload including patients with complex needs. Training will be provided in any areas identified for development.
- Support Team Leaders to ensure that junior staff are clear about their responsibilities and accountability. Be responsible for the training and supervision of junior staff and students.
- Monitor and evaluate treatment plans to ensure maximum patient benefit and health outcomes.
Bury Care Organisation is part of the Northern Care Alliance, one of the largest NHS organisations in the country. Our Fairfield site delivers innovative patient-centred care, and boasts an award winning Stroke centre and Heart Care unit. Supported by our community services in Bury, a mix of professionals from health, social and voluntary sectors, Bury exemplifies the benefits of a joined up approach to health and social care.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
To read more information about the advertised role, and the main job duties/responsibilities please open the Job Description and Person Specification located under the supporting documents heading. You can also read more information about working at the Northern Care Alliance within the attached Candidate Information Pack or by visiting our careers website: www.careers.northerncarealliance.nhs.uk
In line with the Trusts Single Equality Scheme we welcome applications from everyone irrespective of ethnic origin, disability, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, religion, marital status, social back ground or trade union membership.Person SpecificationExperienceEssential
- Previous experience across a range of junior rotations.
Skills and KnowledgeEssential
- Research and Development awareness.
- Awareness of role of audit and evidence based practice.
Desirable Personal QualitiesEssential
- Knowledge of areas of clinical governance including quality, audit and risk management.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to present information in a clear and logical manner.
- Organisational skills including, time management, prioritisation
- Flexible to meet the needs of the service.
- Ability to work within a stressful and unpredictable environment
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Degree in Physiotherapy or equivalent
- HCPC registration
Northern Care Alliance NHS Foundation Trust Address
Fairfield General Hospital
Rochdale Old Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.