Our Children's Occupational Therapy rotation will provide you with the opportunity to rotate across 4 areas of specialism: early years, schools, clinics and home equipment services. Rotations last 1 academic year and you will be supported by specialists in the clinical pathway. Current rotational vacancies are in early years and schools. Early years:
you will be working with children from birth to 5 years old in clinics, nurseries and home settings. You will be working with parents, carers and education setting to ensure that children receive early intervention services to maximise health and participation outcomes. School aged children:
you will be working with children and young people from 5 years - 18 years in clinics, educational settings and homes. An important part of this role will be to provide not only direct assessment and therapy to children but training to parents and educational staff on how to support their child's/young person's occupational therapy needs. Clinic Services:
Providing clinic assessments and intervention to school age children with a range of Occupational Therapy needs. Supporting families via our non-referral services of live webinars and virtual advice lines. Equipment services:
you will be working with children with complex physical and social difficulties in their homes. You will be assessing for equipment to enable the child/young person to be able to participate in family life and remain safe in their homes.Main duties of the job
About usListen to why colleagues think we are a great place to work! - https://bit.ly/3DNEQfD What does Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust offer you?
- As part of a team to provide a Paediatric Occupational Therapy intervention to children and young people from birth to eighteen years, referred to and accepted by the service in line with service delivery.
- To undertake all aspects of clinical duties as an autonomous practitioner.
- To work within a variety of community settings e.g. schools and children's centres to provide OT intervention.
- To undertake assessment and intervention as an autonomous practitioner for children with a range of functional difficulties, some of who will have complex presentations/multiple pathologies using analytical and advanced clinical reasoning skills to formulate individual management plans.
- To undertake specialist assessments as appropriate e.g. school AMPs, Peabody and Movement ABC. To provide specialist OT advice and recommendations for the assessment process for special educational needs including the provision of expert witness statements when necessary.
- Deliver OT interventions supported by functional goal setting and outcome measures set in conjunction with children and young people and their parents/carers.
- To record all interventions in accordance with trust guidelines and policies including Information governance. To follow RiO standard operation policies in line with Children and Young People's OT service.
Why work for us?
- As part of our BHT family, you'll benefit from learning and development opportunities to support your career progression.
- We offer flexible and agile workingopportunities,alongside your NHS benefits ofgenerous annual leave entitlement, pension andaccess toNHS discount schemes.
- We provide a range of health and wellbeing services to promote a healthy, happy workforce.
What do we stand for?
- We're committed to promoting inclusion and making sure all colleagues feel they belong. We encourage new colleagues from a diverse range of backgrounds to apply.
- As an employer, we aim to create a workplace where differences are valued and colleagues treat one another with dignity and respect.
- Greater diversity withinourBHT familyimprovespositive outcomes for the people and communities we serve.
- A keen supporter of the Armed Forces Community who know the value of employing a service leaver/veteran and their families
Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Our vision is to provide outstanding care, support healthy communities and be a great place to work.
- Our mission is to provide personal and compassionate care every time.
- Our CARE values are collaborate, aspire, respect and enable.
For a comprehensive list of responsibilities and duties, please kindly refer to the Job Description and Person Specification by downloading the JD and PS attachment in the advert.
If you are an internal applicant there is the option for secondment, all applicants must have the endorsement/support of their line manager prior to application.
If you have a disability that makes submitting this online application difficult and would like assistance, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the vacancy reference number.Person SpecificationExperienceEssential
Education, Qualification & TrainingEssential
- Experience of working in a variety of settings eg community, hospital, homes
- Evidence of carrying out OT interventions
- Evidence of delivery of training to others
- Experience of goal setting and use of outcome measures
- Experience of working with children and young people who present with a range of functional difficulties
- Experience of working in a multi-disciplinary team
- BSc OT or Dip COT
- Professional registration with HCPC.
- Member of BAOT/COT or equivalent for professional indemnity
- Evidence of Post Graduate CPD relevant to job description and post
Skills, Abilities & KnowledgeEssential
- Member of Specialist Section of the College of Occupational Therapy e.g. CYPF
- Motivated to learn and evidence of innovative ideas
- Ability to manage own caseload and work as an autonomous practitioner
- Excellent interpersonal skills including delegation of tasks
- Knowledge of how lack of functional impacts on participation
- Evidence of successful team working
- Approachable nature with the ability to motivate and inspire others
- Excellent interpersonal skills including delegation of tasks
- Knowledge of legislation and key issues related to Children and Young people
- Evidence of leadership skills and qualities.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Access to own transport to enable access to a variety of community settings.
Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.