South Tyneside and Sunderland Bladder and Bowel Team have an exciting opportunity for a Registered Nurse to join our team Specialist Continence Nurse.
Do you love to make people smile?
Do you want to change people's lives for the better?
That is what we do here in the Community Continence Service!
We are looking for a Band 6 Clinician who is filled with passion to become part of our service, who possesses excellent communication skills and who strives to continually develop the service and improve the patient journey.
We (and potentially you) have the ability to help people who have become socially isolated, often self-imposed, due to their bladder and/or bowels ruling and ruining their lives and change them into happy, confident, people who have the potential to live life to the fullest.
Informal visits welcome.Main duties of the job
Team works Monday Friday 08.30- 16.30
Service that spans across South Tyneside and Sunderland
The post holder will be required to undertake holistic continence assessments, and work with patients to develop individualised treatment programmes to promote continence.
The post holder will hold clinics in both Sunderland and South Tyneside, and also visit patients in their home when the patient is unable to attend clinic.
The post holder will contribute to the delivery of the education programme for both Trust Staff and care home staff adhering to Trust Policy and guidelines.About usPlease help us by adding your telephone number to your application form this will allow us to contact you quickly if required.
One Team One Trust - There are many reasons to work at our Trust. From our commitment to putting people first to our accessible services and award winning teams. We have a passion for research, innovation and tackling inequalities. We are committed to respect, fairness and civility and promote a compassionate, caring and positive culture / working environment.
We welcome all applications irrespective of peoples race, disability, gender, sexual orientation, religion/belief, age, gender identity, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy/maternity and in particular those from under- represented groups. Looking after our workforces health and wellbeing is a priority for STSFT. We also provide access to high quality education, training, career progression and support.
The Trust employs around 8,300 people and provides a range of hospital services to a local community of around 430,000 residents. We also provide a range of more specialised services outside this area, in some cases to a population as great as 860,000. We offer our staff outstanding benefits - Fitness Centre (SRH), libraries at both hospital sites, chaplaincy support and access to a Childcare Co-ordinator to help staff with childcare arrangements.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
PLEASE REFER TO THE ATTACHED JOB DESCRIPTION FOR FULL DUTIES OF THE ROLE.
Deliver and implement planning of specialist bladder and bowel care to all residents of South Tyne and Sunderland and those with a registered South Tyneside / Sunderland GP.
Provides specialist bladder and bowel care advice and education to community based healthcare staff.
To liaise with all multi-disciplinary healthcare providers (primary/secondary care/agencies) to plan and deliver a pathway of best practice for the patient.
To provide support to Clinical Team Manager, using resources effectively.
Support the provision of specialist clinical knowledge and advice to other nursing staff, the wider multi professional team, allied health professionals, patients and their families/carers.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Registered Nurse
- First degree in Nursing or Health related topic or working towards
- Able to complete Nurse prescribing qualification and achieve Prescriber status
- Nurse Prescriber
- Post registration qualification in continence e.g. ENB 978
- Nurse prescribing qualification
- Clinical skills for assessment and treatment related to continence nursing care
- Recognizable teaching / mentorship qualification e.g. Teaching Certificate or working towards
- Post registration nursing experience
- Experience of working in continence care or urology, gynaecology, colorectal nursing
- Experience of working with staff and service users to improve services
- Experience of practice development / project work
- Able to move and handle safely without causing harm to themselves and others
- Car Driver able to meet the travel requirements of the role
Skills and KnowledgeEssential
- Trained in moving and handling procedures
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of NICE Guidance related to continence
- Evidence of audit and analytical skills
- Good understanding of the role of clinical nurse specialist in bladder and bowel care practice
- Motivated, reliable and commitment to team working
- Able to prioritise and self-manage own workload
- Competent IT user including email, Microsoft Office and clinical systems
- Flexible worker able to be creative and innovate
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience of budgetary monitoring/control
South Tyneside and Sunderland NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Tyne and Wear,
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.