Main duties of the job
- Work with the divisional management team, Associate Medical Director, Operations Director, Head of Nursing/ Head of Midwifery, Clinical Leads and Heads of Service to ensure the achievement of performance and other local and national clinical and non-clinical targets.
- Work with the divisional management team within specific clinical areas and in partnership with operational managers and clinicians to ensure the effective provision of consistent quality services.
- Provide first line operational management to outpatient and administrative departments and supervise systems and processes.
- In liaison with the Head of Nursing/ Head of Midwifery, ensure appropriate systems and processes are established in departments and areas to support the robust reporting and progress of governance, risk and safeguarding issues
- Manage designated financial resources within budget and support the Operations Director/Head of Nursing/Head of Midwifery in financial management within the directorate
- Support the development of service line reporting and service line management across the division
- To lead and develop joint working across the MDT and to provide links into the wider Division and Trust for support and to ensure continuity across common processes
- Provide strong and effective leadership to clinical and non-clinical teams and individuals
- Ensure the achievement of national access targets including 18 week RTT, emergency care targets and cancer targets
- Deputise for the operational manager by attending and participating in directorate or Trust wide meetings
- Attend and Chair, relevant department meetings
- cross cover /support other Service Managers within the Division
- Work with the Divisional management team on the introduction and utilisation of service line reporting - balanced reporting of income and expenditure and lead in the development of processes
- Work with services to proactively manage and develop income generating activity, including supporting marketing initiatives and business development opportunities
- Lead in assessing the capacity and demand for services and patient pathways improving patient flows as agreed with the divisional management team. In particular supporting the implementation and development of agreed integration projects
- Support the investigation of complaints/incidents/PALS enquiries and near misses and issues arising from the investigation are suitably addressed, used as an opportunity to improve and learn within services
- Implementation of a robust payments system and regular reports to prevent non-payments for self-funding patients and enable accurate decisions to be taken on refusal to treat where payment is outstanding, to reduce further outstanding payments.
Homerton Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust is a high performing and flourishing organisation serving the population of Hackney, East London, The City and beyond.
We are extremely proud of the fact that Homerton Hospital has recently attained the highest possible rating of Outstanding from the Care Quality Commission (CQC).
Our integrated Trust provides comprehensive hospital and community health services for its local population and a range of specialist services for a wider group of patients. In addition, the Trust manages services out of St Leonard's Hospital and the Mary Seacole Nursing Home.
Homerton aims to ensure equality and value diversity, and we are committed to inclusion for all of our staff. This is reflected in our policies, procedures and People Plan. All of our staff are expected to embody our Trust values at all times.
We are also committed, through our Fair Recruitment Standards, to ensuring all applicants are treated fairly.
Homerton has a proud tradition of supporting and developing its staff, including its well-regarded and valued nursing community, and all staff are able to take advantage of a great range of benefits.
Homerton is proud to have been included on the HSJ & Nursing Times Best Places to Work list.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
The full job description provides an overview of the key tasks and responsibilities of the role, and the person specification outlines the qualifications, skills, experience, and knowledge required. For both documents, please view the attachment/s on this page.
The person specification below is not the full person specification but outlines the criteria against which your application form will be assessed.Person Specificationexperience & qualificaitonsEssential
- Degree level or demonstrable ability to work at degree level
- Substantive management experience within a healthcare or related environment
- Staff and performance management skills and the ability to deal promptly and appropriately with staffing issues as they arise
- Able to behave confidently and assertively and influence a wide range of staff
- Ability to problem solve and make effective decision in a high pressure environment
- Ability to recognise times when help or escalation is needed and the ability to ask for support and or to hand over.
- Experience of preparing and presenting updates on area of responsibility
- Experience of collating data and analysing data reports
- Financial and budget management skills
Employer detailsEmployer name
- experience of Business planning Project and change management
- Experience of developing business cases and new business proposals
- Management qualification
Homerton Healthcare NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.