Guy's and ST Thomas NHS Trust Network and Security team have a great opportunity for the right candidates. Working in a highly motivated and dedicated team supporting one of the UK's largest NHS trusts across multiple sites. As a world leader in healthcare, IT has become a supporting pillar and the network and security is the foundation of the IT Services. Working on day to day challenging calls to multimillion pound projects to keep staff working, up to date and providing better patient care.Main duties of the job
This role will hold responsibility for managing and maintaining the network and security infrastructure services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and 365 days a year across the Trust sites plus our off site services. The position holder will be expected to keep calm under pressure, focused and deliver to a high standard. The post will cover installations of new equipment, capacity planning, documentation, monitoring, mentoring, highly complex troubleshooting and problem solving as well as design work and supporting laymen to decide on best solutions for their problems.
Further responsibilities include supporting the business to deliver all requests and projects, identify and resolve all issues whether they are raised by the business through service desk request or they have been identified by Network Management support tools or through analysis of trends.
- One of the key job responsibilities for the post holder is to be able to act on their own initiative and manage multiple work streams at once
- Working as part of an ON CALL team you will be expected to react to OOH (Out of Hours - 24*7*365/6) issues.
The Directorate provides services and products that are used across the Trust. We work closely with the South East London Integrated Care System, and especially with our partners in Kings Health Partners (KHP), Kings College Hospital (KCH), King's College London (KCL) and the Royal Brompton & Harefield NHS Foundation Trust (RBH). This will be formalised into a shared service operating model that will be deployed across GSTT, KCH and RBH. Our operating model has been revised in 2020 to position the Directorate as a lean agile organisation which delivers the Trust's digital ambition. The key characteristics of this operating model are:
Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- A more forward-looking and strategic approach
- Significant investment in a new Electronic Health Record (EHR) which will catalyse a Trust-wide programme of work to transform the way technology and data is used across our services
- Improved working relationships with our customers by embedding some of our staff and carrying out some of our functions within our customers' teams where it makes sense to do so
- Consistent standards and approaches to programme delivery and technology adoption
- Changes in leadership roles, reinforced through clear objective setting, to support transformation, and to ensure consistent, fair and inclusive leadership and people management across the whole directorate and at every level.
The Network and Security (N& S) team support a highly complex operation and administration of multiple critical services.
Services the team cover:
- LAN supporting Access Layer
- WAN Wide Area Network / External networks (connections to all existing and new satellite sites)
- WLAN Large WLAN estate to support mobile users including Critical Clinical applications and Wireless VoIP
- Data Centre Connectivity
- Security systems Firewalls, Mail Filtering, Web Filtering, RAS, S/FTP, Certificates
- KHP Interconnect Kings Health Partnership
- Internet and HSCN (NHS Network connecting to all NHS Sites and Some suppliers)
- Protection of Patient Data from malicious attacks and Proactive management of security events
- Transportation and Support of the VoIP telephone system.
- Monitoring and Management Systems
- Security alerting systems
- Integral Transportation of other trust wide critical systems - Crash Call, Bleep, CCTV and Door Activation
- Guest Wi-Fi for suppliers and Patients
Successful applicants will have the relevant experience and qualifications for the role as out lined in the JDs but summarised below:
JE2424 Network and Security Consultant Band 8a
- The post holder is expected to have significant experience in IT with proven experience in N& S.
Expert knowledge and skills within the Security arena working in a large organisation
Significant experience working with Cisco Firepower/ASA, Checkpoint and Web / Internet Filtering
2 out of the following 3:
1. CCNP in LAN
2. CCNP in Wireless
3. Checkpoint qualifications
All candidates will be expected to have:
- ITIL Foundation qualification
- Experience in effectively supporting a large scale, complex IT& T environment
- Proven experience of working within a 24*7 environment as part of an on call team
Applicants unable to demonstrate the above within their application will not be considered.
Preference will be given to candidates who have:
- Experience working with Cisco 6500, 3700, 3700 X and 3800 X, 9300 series switches and Cisco Routers 4000, 1000
- Experience working with Cisco SDA and SD WAN
- CCNP in LAN
- ITIL Foundation qualification
- Checkpoint Qualifications
- Security qualification
- Prince2 Foundation
- The post holder is expected to have substantial experience in IT
- Proven experience in Networks and Security
- Knowledge across several disciplines with in IT is essential. Competent EUT and Server knowledge
- Significant experience working in a large organisation as a Senior Network and /or Security Engineer / Wireless Engineer
- Experience of providing IT operational services within the NHS or comparable 24hr/365 days service
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Able to prioritise workloads and resource them in response to changing demands and requirements
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills - can explain complex requirements in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to troubleshoot complex issues
- In depth and proven specialist knowledge and technical skills / certification in the following areas: Networks, Cisco 9300's, SDA, Checkpoint, Cisco Prime, web and Internet Filtering, Network Monitoring
- The ability to work in a fully flexible working environment
- Ability to manage multiple streams of work simultaneously
Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation TrustAddress
75 york road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.