Open to current trainee pharmacists due to qualify this summer
Are you looking for an opportunity to work in a hospital pharmacy setting and study for a funded Post Graduate Diploma in Clinical Pharmacy? Does the prospect of being supported to develop and progress from band 6 to band 7 appeal to you? If your answer to these questions is yes, then we have just the role for you!
Scarborough Hospital is looking for enthusiastic and patient focused pharmacists/trainee pharmacists to join our friendly Pharmacy Team by the sea. The post is ideal for someone wanting to develop their clinical knowledge and skills. Thinking about moving to the area? We offer a healthy relocation package - more information available upon request.Main duties of the job
In this full time role, you will have the opportunity to gain clinical experience in many different specialities such as elderly care, respiratory, diabetes, cardiology, stroke, gastroenterology, acute medical admissions and surgery. You will rotate through the different areas of the hospital, working as part of a small team with medicines management technicians and assistants and supported by specialist pharmacists in each area. We are also exploring the opportunity for a 4-month placement in Mental Health with our local Mental Health and Learning Disabilities NHS Trust (TEWV).
We provide an individually tailored induction plan and mentor, and welcome all applicants whether you have hospital pharmacy experience or not. We gradually introduce key responsibilities as experience is gained and you will be supported to develop your clinical knowledge and skills. After being in post for at least 12 months and being able to demonstrate you have met the key responsibilities you will be eligible for progression into a band 7 role.
We actively encourage your development in the form of a postgraduate clinical diploma at Bradford University. We will provide you with a senior tutor and allocated study time. There will also be an opportunity for further development into non medical prescribing.
Whilst the majority of your time will be ward based, you will also contribute to the provision of professional cover for our dispensary and participate, in weekend and on-call rotas.About us
We offer a range of benefits to support our staff including:
- Access to the NHS Pension Scheme, providing generous benefits upon retirement, as well as a lump sum and pension for dependants
- 27 days holiday rising to 33 days (depending on NHS Trust service)
- A variety of different types of paid and unpaid leave covering emergency and planned leave
- Confidential advice and support on personal, work, family and relationship issues, 24/7, from our Employee Assistance Programme
- NHS Car Lease scheme and Cycle to Work scheme
- An extensive range of learning and development opportunities
- Discounts on restaurants, getaways, shopping, motoring, cinema and finance from a range of providers
For further information on the fantastic range of benefits we offer please visit the Trust's dedicated Staff Benefits pages.Job descriptionJob responsibilities A full description of the role is available in the attachment: job description. Working for the Trust
Across our organisation, people are guided by values that were co-developed with staff: we are kind we are open and we pursue excellence.
Our values play into our ambition to develop a more diverse workforce, truly representative of our communities. We welcome applications from everyone, while working with our Staff Networks - including our Race Equality, LGBTQ+, Disability and Carers Networks - to increase the number of applications we receive from different backgrounds. If there is anything we can do to make our application process more accessible to you, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
As part of seeking to become more inclusive, we will consider requests for flexible working from the start of your employment. It may not be suitable for every role, but we will try and be supportive where we can. We would encourage you to speak to the recruiting manager named within this advert to discuss any requirements you may have. Armed Forces Friendly Employer
We are holders of the Gold Award from the Defence Employer Recognition Scheme, which is helping actively promote SaBRE - Supporting Britains Reservists and Employers. This means that we have made a statement of intent to support all Defence personnel, including with applications for employment. COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements
Our Trust continues to strongly encourage our staff to be vaccinated against COVID19, this remains our best defence to protect our patients, ourselves and everyone else.Person SpecificationAptitude & Personal QualitiesEssential
Values, Drivers & MotivatorsEssential
- Committed to completing the clinical diploma and personal development.
- Ability to demonstrate motivation for applying for a post in the organisation.
- Patient focus.
- Flexible to changing routines.
Education, Qualifications and TrainingEssential
- Ability to demonstrate our organisation values and behaviours: - Kind - Open - Pursue Excellence
Experience & Knowledge RequiredEssential
- Pre-registration training.
- GPhC registration.
- A degree in Pharmacy (Masters or equivalent)
Skills & AttributesEssential
- Understanding of practical issues around patient safety risks relating to medicines.
- Knowledge of legal aspects relating to medicines including controlled drugs.
- Understanding of the principals of medicines optimisation and practical application.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to use computer programmes relevant to the post.
- Team working and working independently. Demonstrate an ability to plan, organise and prioritise own workload and to work to deadlines.
- Attention to detail.
- Problem solving.
- Evidence of audit of practice.
- Ability to perform medicines reconciliation, clinical validation and effective patient counselling.
York and Scarborough Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Pharmacy Department, Scarborough Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.