Located at the 'Gateway to the Dales' the Skipton Satellite Unit is a 10 stationed nurse led haemodialysis unit focused on delivering renal replacement therapy to a group of patients from our specific catchment area. We are part of Bradford Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust and so have the advantage of a large multidisciplinary team to liaise with, whilst maintaining our own individual identity.
We are offering an exciting opportunity for a candidate wishing to commence/ progress and/or extend their experience in all modalities of renal nursing. It will allow a wide overview of the renal services within Bradford and the Satellite unit and encourage the successful candidate to develop & improve their knowledge and skills.Main duties of the job
This post will offer a registered nurse joining this specialist area of practice an excellent learning opportunity. You will join a small, friendly, multidisciplinary team committed to ensuring that best evidence based practice influences the care delivered to the patients. The long term nature of the condition enables the team to build professional relationships with the patient group, without impacting on the Professional Code. The successful candidate will be expected to complete a comprehensive training/ teaching package during an extended supernumerary period. You will have the opportunity to gain ward experience as part of preceptorship period. There will also be an opportunity to gain insight into other areas of the renal service including peritoneal dialysis, transplant and pre-dialysis care. There may be occasions where you will be required to increase your experience working on the renal unit at Bradford.About us
At Bradford Teaching Hospitals we're passionate about providing outstanding care for the people of the Bradford district and communities across the North of England. We're keen to meet people interested in sharing our passion and helping us continue to deliver the highest quality of care to our patients.
We're a renowned teaching hospital trust at the forefront of research, education and development, with a state-of-the-art simulation and skills training centre on site.
In short, we can help you lift your career to the next level. We've received huge investment to improve patient care which means we have truly world-class facilities including a brand new neonatal suite, state-of-the-art intensive care unit, a newly refurbished A& E department, new children's unit and a welcoming, modern atrium and reception area for staff and visitors. Job descriptionJob responsibilities
For more information please call 01756796218or email Ward Manager Alyson Lodge (Alyson.firstname.lastname@example.org) , Sr Julia McCarthy (Julia.McCarthy@bthft.nhs.uk) or Sr Michaela Mclachlan (Michaela.Mclachlan@bthft.nhs.uk)
We can offer staff gymnasiums on Bradford hospital sites, excellent pension scheme and advice on childcare. Closing Date: 06.10.23 ((This date may change dependent on the response)Person SpecificationExperienceDesirable
- Registration experience at band 5 in NHS setting
- Haemodialysis experience
- UK Registered Nurse (Adult Nursing) ** or 3rd year student nurse
- IV Skills
- Evidence of recent and Continuous Professional Development
- ENB 998 or SLIPS Practice supervisor and Assessor course
- ENB renal nursing or equivalent
- Phlebotomy and cannulation skills
- Good verbal and written command of English.
- Ability to plan own time and that of junior staff, use own initiative and act independently within the bounds of existing knowledge and skills
- Ability to assess patient needs and plan, implement and evaluate care appropriately
- Understanding of Information Governance and Confidentiality
- Understanding of equality and diversity issues and how this affects patients, visitors and staff
- Understanding of what the NHS Constitution means to you, and your responsibilities to the public, patients and colleagues.
- Good understanding of the fundamental aspects of nursing care: oNutrition and hydration oDignity and respect oPain management oMedications management oPressure area care oInfection control oSafeguarding Vulnerable People
- Good understanding of common conditions such as diabetes and dementia. Including the physical, psychological and emotional needs of the patient.
- Understands the limits of the job role. Has the knowledge to recognise situations that require reporting and demonstrates the ability to escalate to a senior person where appropriate.
Values & BehavioursEssential
- Understanding of current National, Regional and Local nursing issues
- We are one team oWe trust each other and work together oWe talk clearly and honestly. oWe make every penny count. oWe get better all the time
- We care oWe are kind and compassionate. oWe take ownership and keep our word. oWe are passionate, proud and committed. oWe say thank you.
- We value people oWe respect each other and our patients oWe embrace difference oWe support each other oWe say when we have done well and learn from mistakes
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Demonstrates a commitment to develop both personally and professionally within the role as the service needs require
Bradford Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Bradford Teaching Hospitals
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.