Do you enjoy the challenge of working in a busy service where no two days are the same? We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated RN/AHP who can provide high quality management and clinical support to our multi-disciplinary team within the SEQOHS accredited Workplace Health & Well-Being Centre here at Bradford Teaching Hospitals Foundation Trust.
The post will be attractive to candidates with appropriate NHS Occupational Health experience and/or SCPHN (OH) qualification and management skills.
The role involves operational management of the Workplace Health & Well-Being team as well as providing and co-ordinating health advice and care to staff in Bradford Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust and to external clients in local small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs). We are looking for a forward-thinking individual who works well in a team and can deliver a range of Occupational Health and Well-Being services. You will be required to advise on work adaptions in relation to physical and mental health needs of employees and implement appropriate Occupational Health policies and procedures whilst contributing to the continuous quality improvement of the service.
In return we will invest in and support your on-going CPD. Flexibility regarding working hours will be considered. There is also opportunity to work some hours remotely as well as undertaking clinics at the Trust and on rare occasion other client locations as the demands of the service require.Main duties of the job
- Appraise, interpret and apply suggestions, recommendations and directives to improve service
- Raise awareness of Workplace Health and Well-Being services and their impact/use in an organisation and promote effective
- Provide and evaluate effective communication systems in the Workplace Health and Well-Being Centre and communicate effectively with all levels of personnel, initiate and maintain regular contact with staff and managers in designated areas of responsibility.
- Ensure that national and professional Workplace Health & Well-Being procedures are adhered to in services provided and reflected in department procedures and policies.
- Gather, analyse, interpret and present complex data in order to conduct health needs assessment.
- Assess complex Health & Well-Being needs and develop, monitor and review programmes of care to meet those needs.
- Monitor occupational risks to health and advise on strategies to prevent work related ill health in line with current H& S legislation and DH guidance, e.g. management referrals, work-based assessments, attendance management advice, training programmes
- Provide telephone advice to clients of the service on Workplace Health & Well-Being issues and risk assessments.
- Audit the service delivered against key performance indicators in the service level agreement and service standards for all clients and produce management reports. This includes a high level of judgement, analytical and concentration skills.
Bradford Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust is part of the West Yorkshire Association of Acute Trusts (WYAAT), a collaborative of the NHS hospital trusts from across West Yorkshire and Harrogate working together to provide the best possible care for our patients.
By bringing together the wide range of skills and expertise across West Yorkshire and Harrogate we are working differently, innovating and driving forward change to deliver the highest quality care. By working for Bradford Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust this is your opportunity to be a part of that change.
WYAAT is the acute sector arm of the West Yorkshire and Harrogate Health and Care Partnership, one of the largest integrated care systems in the country. The Partnership's ambition is for everyone to have the best possible health and wellbeing, and the work of WYAAT, and each individual trust, supports that ambition.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see the attached Job Description and Person specification for full details on the Job and Main Responsibilities.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- RGN/RN Level 1 or Specialist AHP
- SCPHN (Occupational Health)
- Practice Teacher Qualification
- Previous Occupational Health experience at SCPHN level or Specialist AHP level
- Experience of providing management/client support via case management/referrals/assessments
- Experience of working in NHS Occupational Health services
- Communication skills
- Phlebotomy and immunisation
- Health needs assessment
- Presentation skills
- Change management skills
- Information Technology skills
- Occupational Health database use
- Health Surveillance technical and interpretation skills including spirometry, audiometry, HAVS
- Resource management
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Understanding of Information Governance and Confidentiality
Bradford Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Bradford Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.